ABS Warning Light Staying On!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxman
My Cars:

subject

Post by bxman »

IMO if you really want the ABS you will be spending some time keeping it all up to scratch .
If you have access to an AVO pop it on the 2v range {ac I think was best} and get an assistant to spin the wheels in turn with the AVO connected to the appropriate plug terminals this way you can check if the sensors are
creating the necessary signal.
The sensors can show to appropriate resistance but still not be generating the required signals,
If you do not feel ABS is essential you can always unplug the wire to the lamp. removing fuses etc does not fool the light. and it is also easier than removing the bulb from the Instrument panel.
There is a brown double plug just behind the battery you will need to remove the battery and the L shaped plastic cover below the fuse block to get at it.
If you are unlucky and have a MOT situation where they insist on a light it can be done with a relay and a timer. PM if you want details.
brmartyn
My Cars: Citroen C8

Post by brmartyn »

Hi again guys

Thanks for all your advise and tips but after the ABS ECU plug I'm a bit lost regarding follow cables to the connectors etc etc (I hate be a novice) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

If I have any more problems in the near future with this (which I probably will) I may require one of you to come to the rescue :hb: :hb: :hb:

Thanks guys
Brady

Citroen C8 2.2 HDI Exclusive 2006/06

Previous French cars -
Renault Megane Tourer 2004/54 1.9 DCI Privilege
Citroen Xantia 1998/S 2.0 16v Exclusive Automatic
Renault Laguna Sports Tourer Dymanique 2001/51
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

If you want to pop over this afternoon for a Lexia session give me a shout.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
brmartyn

Post by brmartyn »

DickieG wrote:If you want to pop over this afternoon for a Lexia session give me a shout.
Can't really do this afternoon but thank you very much for the offer
Brady

Previous French cars -
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

brmartyn wrote:... I'm a bit lost regarding follow cables to the connectors etc etc ...
Here are some pics. This one shows a tech drawing of ABS sensor routing, fixing points etc.
If I remember correct, cable length is max 1 m.
Following cable of sensor (I colored with gray) you'll find the connector end of it.

This pic shows a brand new one (rear sensor: different head part but same connector) and the green connector
which should be disconnected for measuring resistance. The other end of the green connector is in the
ABS plug next to battery. Multimeter scale switched to Resistance and scale 2000.

Measuring resistance from the connector is to make sure if the sensor is defective.
Otherwise search other issues to find the source of ABS error.

I hope this helps
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
brmartyn

Post by brmartyn »

VertVega wrote:
brmartyn wrote:... I'm a bit lost regarding follow cables to the connectors etc etc ...
Here are some pics. This one shows a tech drawing of ABS sensor routing, fixing points etc.
If I remember correct, cable length is max 1 m.
Following cable of sensor (I colored with gray) you'll find the connector end of it.

This pic shows a brand new one (rear sensor: different head part but same connector) and the green connector
which should be disconnected for measuring resistance. The other end of the green connector is in the
ABS plug next to battery. Multimeter scale switched to Resistance and scale 2000.

Measuring resistance from the connector is to make sure if the sensor is defective.
Otherwise search other issues to find the source of ABS error.

I hope this helps
Thank you for the advise I'll see what I can do :D :D :D
Brady

Previous French cars -
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent pictures VertVega :D

Brady, you'll find the green connectors on the subframe but they may not immediately look to be green. More likely black from 10 years-worth of road muck and oil leaks...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...