wiper problems after replacing cambelt????

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

slickus

wiper problems after replacing cambelt????

Post by slickus »

hi there, i have only just finnished the 406 and went for my first drive round the block, it drove very well until it started to rain and my wipers didnt work, i returned to my house (slowly) i did not have my multimeter so i went straight for the fuse, i took old one out and it looked fine but i replaced it anyway as i did wipers worked once and stopped again, the fuse is fine and i have had no action from them since, i have had nothing to do with the wipers so i dont think i caused it unless there is an earth for them in engine bay. i have had battery on and off a few times, its a pre face lift with no rain sensor. the washers work and the rear wash and wipe works to, any help would be really apriciated.
many thanks
Andy
owen_zxtd
My Cars:

Post by owen_zxtd »

Hi Andy,

If your fuse is OK, and you haven't disturbed any earths in the engine bay, I wonder if it could be a control unit for the wipers that is at fault. This would contain electronics, and there is a small chance that it could have been affected by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. I remember having a similar problem with a Peugeot 405 and having to replace the control unit (but this was a long time ago). You'll probably be able to get one from the scrappy for not much at all.
Citroen ZX Aura 1.9TD, 201,000 miles

Previous cars:

1996 Pegueot 405 GLX TD
1997 ZX Elation Diesel
1996 Pegueot 406 2.0 Executive
1990 Peugeot 405 GLD