Xantia s2 HDI Exclusive Suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Coincidentally, I have a bottle of wine in front of me spelled "Pléyades".

Spanish and with a very concise description of the name:
Pléyades is named after the daughters of Pleione who were turned into doves before becoming the grape shaped constellation of stars
And with doves adorning the label.

Is your business so named because of the grape-shaped (and coloured) suspension components that you deal with Martin? :)

Or do you have seven sisters, perhaps :)
Pleiades
My Cars:

Post by Pleiades »

Funny that is, there was a bottle of Spanish Pleiades wine on the table when the name was decided.

I only have one sister and that was enough!

The company name has been spelt in far more ways than I can remember, but the posty allways gets the mail here. One of the shockers was an envolope sent from Kenya (i think). It had written on it "Playdays Sawtry UK" it made it to us fine.

One slightly interesting fact is the the Japan car manufacture Subaru uses the Pleiades star pattern in it's badge, the Japanese word for Pleiades is Subaru.

One of the good things that comes with having a odd named company is that although a lot cant spell it and many cant say it, everybody knows it.

Regards
Martin.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Pleiades wrote:It's Pleiades Chris, thats spelt Pee, el, ee, eye, ay, dee, ee, ess.
And when you can spell it correctly you're a star!

Why? Have a look at this

:)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

I shall take myself away to a woodland retreat with a few reams of paper and several boxes of pens.

:)

I love the ride now though, pulling away and the tail sitting on the floor, much softer than my 1.9TD SX hatch