C5 sat nav

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jeraldo

C5 sat nav

Post by Jeraldo »

Hi - my 2003 2.2hdi Citroen estate's sat nav is not registering any visible satellites. It has gradually got to this stage over a period of weeks. Can't see amything wrong that's obvious. Could it be the ECU or some other simple problem related to the aerial as the radio reception is diabolical as well. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved, together with links to how to repair it (in words suitable for a car muppet!).
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Is it the RT3 Navidrive unit with phone or the sat nav with the seperate CD drive in the drivers side glovebox ? Either way most likley a faulty aerial base on the roof.
Jeraldo

Post by Jeraldo »

It's the Navidrive. The CD holder is under the driver's seat. When you say faulty base, do you mean water getting in or similar? Have lowered lining so do I remove the bolt and see what's under the top cowling?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The base just goes faulty dont know the exact reason, could be water ingress, there is a little circuit board inside the base. If you are using a 2nd hand base it would have to be off one with satnav as they are different.
Jeraldo

Post by Jeraldo »

Thanks Wheeler. Will follow this up ...
Jeraldo

Post by Jeraldo »

Have to thank you (again) Wheeler. Replaced the whole aerial and everthing works fine now. Clearly a progressive fault and it did look as though there was water ingress into the base unit.