Water coolant heater on a Picasso???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Water coolant heater on a Picasso???

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hi, correct me if I have this wrong.

I searched on flea-bay for engine heaters because I am looking into heating my coolant water in the winter months so I can run on neat filtered WVO all year round without adding RUG.-Petrol.

the results that followed suggested that there is a coolant heater on the Picasso to warm the interior quickly when you get in the car.

if there is any truth to this does anyone know where abouts in the vechicle I would find this heater please, it would save me a lot of aggro just popin down to the scrap yard and removing one from a Picasso as apposed to buying and expensive kenlowe system or building my own heaters.

Thanks in advance Regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Nigel -

About the the time of birth of the HDI's in any car any model, there were quite a few equipped with a 4-stack glowplug heater.
For some reason this system seems to have been more or less abandoned.
I dont know why - perhaps because of problems with power consumption.

Its a simple lump of alu, with the 4 plugs fitted in bores and a thermoswitch controlling one or 2 power relays feeding the plugs.
Another thru-bore allows the coolant to flow through.
The unit is typically fitted in line to the cabin heater hosing behind the engine.

Easily recognised by the 4 glowplug nuts with the heavy gauge wires.

Look in '99-'00 on engine bays on HDI's, CDI's etc.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image