running issue now

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

XantiaMan
My Cars:

Re: answers to your questions

Post by XantiaMan »

spliffy wrote:the car is badged as a xantia vsx turbo.on the wings it says ct turbo.as for the power the car comes standard with 150bhp.it is easily possible to get well over 200bhp
Not on the standard turbo it isnt.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spliffy
My Cars:

its an estate

Post by spliffy »

the car is an estate mate not a saloon and i made a mistake the ct turbo badge is on the door. the last time i bought a thermo stat from my local parts shop the had only 1 choice unless your talking about buying one from the dealer and as far as i know the stat will only go in one way.my car currently has no heating but i know if i disconnected both matrix pipes and back flushed it i would get some heat for a short time and at present if you tryed to bleed the matrix nipple only a small trickle would come out but if you flush it the water comes out a lot faster . taking the matrix out is not a job im lookling forward to believe me looks very complicated .has anybody done this job before are there any things i need to know (any does and donts) is following the haynes step by step any help cheers
Spliffy
have owned : renault 21,mk1 megane 1.6 8v
currently own renault megane grand scenic ( 1.9 dci privelige )
currently own renault megane coupe 1.6 16v
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Done four of them now Spliffy :twisted:

It's not difficult, just very,very long-winded and tedious. Allow a full day. Mk2 is harder than a MK1.

Two main points to watch. Disconnecting the matrix elbow connection with out damaging it and removing the scuttle panel from the windscreen without breaking it.

I did a brief write-up on the essential steps ages ago and I'll try to find it.

Paul (Citroen XM) can give you a big shortcut that saves disturbing the LHM reservoir. I'll let Paul explain as it is his patent method :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spliffy
My Cars:

Post by spliffy »

its too late for the scuttle panel lads thanks to the bloke from the rac windscreen fitters !! but i am certainly interested in any advice whats this about the lhm ressy ???
Spliffy
have owned : renault 21,mk1 megane 1.6 8v
currently own renault megane grand scenic ( 1.9 dci privelige )
currently own renault megane coupe 1.6 16v
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

spliffy wrote:whats this about the lhm ressy ???
If you generally follow the BoL procedure, he'll tell you to remove the LHM reservoir to get at the LH heater box securing nut so the whole heater box can move sufficiently forward to remove the matrix. Paul has devised a method to split the heater box in half so the LH half can stay put (which also avoids the need to remove the difficult to get to plenum drain) and thus allowing just the RH half to move forward to give access to the matrix. It saves perhaps a couple of hours' work all-told :D

I know I've done a brief write-up in another thread somewhere on here but can I find it :roll:

I'll have to redo it soon before the memory dims :roll:

Hope you have the broken scuttle sealed well enough to keep the water out. Scuttle leaks are insidious. A couple of gallons of water can accumulate under the passenger footwell carpet before you become aware of it :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Jim,

Your write up is in this thread: Matrix hell!

Outline on page 1, more detailed on page 2.

I have created a link from Handy hints and tips section.
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

RichardW wrote: I have created a link from Handy hints and tips section.
Richard,

That's great, excellent :D

Many thanks indeed!
Jim