Please Identify This

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

acrowot
My Cars:

Please Identify This

Post by acrowot »

Image[/img]

Can anyone identify the part that has the orange connector plugged in to it,the two blue pieces of tape are where I have reconnected the wires. these two wires which are both yellow so I do not know if I have cossed them where disconnected, it did look like they had been caught on something and had been stretched and snapped rather than cut. What is the purpose of whatever they are connected to.
C5 2.2 HDI Auto.
C5 HDI 110 SX 122000 ESTATE
C5 HDI 2.2 2003 EXCLUSIVE ESTATE 151000 MILES
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Electro Valve, for a Vaccumm, could be to control any number of flaps, IE: Turbo wastegate, relativly important to be working correctly, if its faulty it can throw the ECU manegment light..

Im unfamilire with the 2.2 HDi unit, and dont know the under bonnet layout, so couldn't tell you what exactly it controls, only what it axtually does.

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

I can tell you two things for sure which it is not :- it is not the turbo control or the swirl valve control. I believe it is the control electro valve for the inlet heater but not 100% sure.

cachaciero
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

cachaciero wrote:I can tell you two things for sure which it is not :- it is not the turbo control or the swirl valve control. I believe it is the control electro valve for the inlet heater but not 100% sure.

cachaciero
Thanks to you both for your input,I have a friend who is a MOT inspector and he said he thought it was the control valve for the swirl valve, are you certain cachaciero that it is not?
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

Yes I can confirm that it is not the swirl valve EV, the swirl valve EV is the next one back as it were.

If you had a problem with the swirl valve EV you would have noticed it in terms of lack of power and general lack of go at the low speed end.

I can now confirm that it is the EV for the inlet heater valve (allows air flow through the water heated element). This not working would likely not have been noticable in performance terms only in the time taken to warm up the engine from cold.

The two wires to this valve, one is yellow and one is yellow with a thin red stripe, not sure if crossing them will make much difference.

cachaciero
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

cachaciero wrote:Yes I can confirm that it is not the swirl valve EV, the swirl valve EV is the next one back as it were.

If you had a problem with the swirl valve EV you would have noticed it in terms of lack of power and general lack of go at the low speed end.

I can now confirm that it is the EV for the inlet heater valve (allows air flow through the water heated element). This not working would likely not have been noticable in performance terms only in the time taken to warm up the engine from cold.

The two wires to this valve, one is yellow and one is yellow with a thin red stripe, not sure if crossing them will make much difference.

cachaciero
Thanks cachaciero, it did make no noticabe difference, my eyes are not what they where, the wires are quite thin and they both looked yellow to me,thanks again.