C5 problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

trooper30
My Cars:

C5 problem

Post by trooper30 »

Hi fellas, glad to see we are back.

Looking at a C5 here that has an issue and was hoping someone migh shed some light on it? Heres the quote from his add

Computer is currently showing an antipolution fault (with service light on) but my mechanic can not find any fault with the car. I have searched the internet for similar problems and everyone that has this fault has the car go into 'limp home mode' (low revs) and this does not happen. Car drives like the day i got it (3 years ago) with no loss of power.

Could this be a fault code that could be cleared by a Lexia maybe?

Cheers fellas
seisporting

Post by seisporting »

Might be the diesel addative fluid low? I dont believe this puts the car into restricted performance but it does flag an error.
Eolys fluid i think its called
brmartyn
My Cars: Citroen C8

Post by brmartyn »

Hi Owen (Trooper30)

Just letting you know the exclusive I bought off you a few weeks back is running fine, the intermitten speedo fault seems to be working (for now anyway) I've also had a couple of messages from citrojim and possibly going to meet up with him some time soon

Cheers

Brady
Brady

Citroen C8 2.2 HDI Exclusive 2006/06

Previous French cars -
Renault Megane Tourer 2004/54 1.9 DCI Privilege
Citroen Xantia 1998/S 2.0 16v Exclusive Automatic
Renault Laguna Sports Tourer Dymanique 2001/51
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
Lane

Post by Lane »

Hello from Serbia! I have exactly the same problem with my 2002 C5 2.0 sx, only when running on LPG. There is no fault whatsoever while running on petrol.. It shows "Antipollution fault" with the "service" light on the dash, but the car runs normally.. Any ideas?
2002 Citroen C5 2.0 16V converted to liquid gas
trooper30
My Cars:

Post by trooper30 »

Nice one Brady, glad your pleased with it. If your going up to Jims let me know and will pop in and see my exclusive, make sure your loving her right :lol:
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

The Antipollution message comes on for almost any fault in the engine, if it's a major fault i.e could damage the engine it will also go into limp mode if it's a minor i.e non engine life threatening it won't. If it stays set it is a permanent fault you really need the ECU read with a Lexia to find out what is wrong.

You don't say what engine it is but diesels with FAP's will if they have a problem with the FAP display a confusing message "Diesel Filter" so in your case this is not likely to be the problem.

cachaciero
brmartyn
My Cars: Citroen C8

Post by brmartyn »

trooper30 wrote:Nice one Brady, glad your pleased with it. If your going up to Jims let me know and will pop in and see my exclusive, make sure your loving her right :lol:
Ha ha she's absolutely fine. The back box went on her today so I'm having that replaced on Friday :?

Will let you know when I pop up to Jim's
Brady

Citroen C8 2.2 HDI Exclusive 2006/06

Previous French cars -
Renault Megane Tourer 2004/54 1.9 DCI Privilege
Citroen Xantia 1998/S 2.0 16v Exclusive Automatic
Renault Laguna Sports Tourer Dymanique 2001/51
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
shanks
My Cars:

Re: C5 problem

Post by shanks »

trooper30 wrote:Hi fellas, glad to see we are back.

Looking at a C5 here that has an issue and was hoping someone migh shed some light on it? Heres the quote from his add

Computer is currently showing an antipolution fault (with service light on) but my mechanic can not find any fault with the car. I have searched the internet for similar problems and everyone that has this fault has the car go into 'limp home mode' (low revs) and this does not happen. Car drives like the day i got it (3 years ago) with no loss of power.

Could this be a fault code that could be cleared by a Lexia maybe?

Cheers fellas
mass airflow censor £35 ebay