Xantia Lambda

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxman
My Cars:

Xantia Lambda

Post by bxman »

Having had to swap some exhausts around in preparation for the dreaded MOT.
Can anyone out there tell me if there is any difference between Lambda sensors that have a BLACK plug and those that have the GREY plug .
apart from the fact that the key is in opposite corners and you would have to cut the key way off the get them to fit one another.

I have looked at 6 different cars 2 have the Grey grey the other 4 the black not date related as far as I can see ('95 black '96-'97 mixed '98 black)
Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this mystery.

And if not that then why do otherwise identical 1.8i 16v engines have different exhaust manifolds where they connect to the down pipe using different flanges and gaskets?
best wishes to all
Patrick

various Xantae in assorted colors
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I believe there is some difference in output; Bosch univeral replacements listed for each are not the same, from memory.
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

I also had to struggle with the emissions for the first time. Checked lambda sensor type to find out prices and etc.
(Unfortunately the catalytic converter which is more expensive than an O2 sensor, was the source of the problem :cry: )
Mine had a Bosch lambda sensor with four wires (white, white, black, grey) with the type number 0 258 003 719.

I have found this data from 'Just Lambda' pages (www.lambdasensor.com) and confirmed from the sensor body numbers.
First needs a very good cleaning :lol:

As you can see in the list there are several options for 1.8 also.
You should know Engine type and production date to find the correct type of sensor.

C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual