citroen berlingo rear door handle problem ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allforfun

citroen berlingo rear door handle problem ?

Post by allforfun »

my 2001 citroen berlingo has a problem with the back door basically the handle pulls but will not realse the handle i have had a look at it and the clip that holds the bar from the handle is bent and not gripping the bar i have bought a new clip but Citroen want £80.00 plus vat to fit the clip is there an easy way to do this or has the lot got to be removed ? dont mind cutting some metal away if it will help me get to it ?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I'm not familiar with these, however the usual way do to it is to work from the inside, taking the panel off and struggle a little bit.

You should be able to unclip said rods etc and then see the real cause and fix it.

Sorry that's not huge help. :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i have a customer with this very same problem,

on looking at it there is no room to access the clip with the handle in situe,

i alsop could not see if it was the clip damaged or the eye in the plastic handle broken,

you need to drill out the large rivets which hold the handle in place to gain access to it,

the problem with that it would leace the van unsecureable till we aquired a new handle, if that is what we needed

regards malcolm
Greentools
My Cars:

Post by Greentools »

Possibly sorted, but i managed to do it from insied the door, and by working through the holes by the handle, they are covered by gromets.

Half hour of fiddling and a few scratches on my hand, and it was done. Without removing the handle.
hundleton1

Post by hundleton1 »

i had the exact same problem with my berlingo van last week, in all my year i have never seen such a stupid designed clip for such a used pard, i tried bending the clip back through the whole but no joy it kept releasing again, however that hole with the rubber grommet it just big enough to get the end of my mig welder through, i can tell you now, i will never have this problem again :lol: