c52.2 hdi starting problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dexy350
My Cars:

c52.2 hdi starting problems

Post by dexy350 »

hi
ok car been great until the recent cold snap ,where it refused to start came up as immboliser fault even though sometimes it was just about to fire any way recharged battery and tried again finally fired up left running for an hour to charge battert etc,voltmeter just above half way
started ok for the next 5 days then did the same again no start immboliser fault again this time bump started it ..
now before i spend some pennies on the car i spoke to a a guy who deals with citroens and he said it could be the key not talking to the barrel ..
which at a cost of 173quid is a tadge expensive to get a new key and reprogram to car
now i spoke with this guy before i bumped the car off which i would say it couldnt be the immboliser at fault (so the key must be talking to the barrel)because the car started
so any ideas what the problem could be is it in need of a new key ,or a new batttery ,or anything else please let me know
cheers
dexy
Dexy
C5 2.2 HDI SX 02
C5 2hdi exclusive est 06
C5 2hdi exclusive 09
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Correct, it's not an imobiliser issue if you can bump it. Ideally you want to read the live data off the fuel rail pressure sensor to see what your getting when its cranking.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

I had a similar problem. The engine was turning over too slowly. I didn't get an alarm though.

The solution was to replace the starter motor. My C5 had done about 100K miles at the time. It's now on 122K miles and going strong.. (touch wood).
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.