diesel pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mattjay50

diesel pump

Post by mattjay50 »

hi im looking for a delphi diesdel pump part number R8448B371C, ive found 1 with the part number R8448B391C does anyone know if this will work on my van? any help ould be much appreciated, thanks
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I can't help directly ;)

However others will probably want to know what van and what engine type is fitted etc :)
mattjay50

Post by mattjay50 »

2002 1.9d non turbo
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That should be OK. It's just detail differences. Basically a good old Lucas DPC pump.

Why are you needing to replace the pump. Been flirting with veg by any chance?

Note that these pumps contain an immobiliser so just simply swapping pumps will not work unless you replace both pump and the van end of the immobiliser.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mattjay50

Post by mattjay50 »

the van died on me over about 6-8 miles firstly not revving over 2500rpm then 2000rpm then 1500rpm until the thing wouldnt go at all, now its starts up then cuts out staright away, its in my mates garage he's checked everything and theres fuel going up to the pump but not getting through, the car been on a diagnostics check and no faults have arisen
mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

Have changed the fuel filter ?
This sounds like blocked fuel filter / tank strainer or air in the system problem,
when a lucas pump dies it's normaly goes sudenly, not like you have described.
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
01 306 HDI 90 meridian estate
Brew my own biodiesel

http://www.shorewasteoil.xtreemhost.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mattjay50

Post by mattjay50 »

fuel filter is fine
mattjay50

Post by mattjay50 »

CitroJim wrote:That should be OK. It's just detail differences. Basically a good old Lucas DPC pump.

Why are you needing to replace the pump. Been flirting with veg by any chance?

Note that these pumps contain an immobiliser so just simply swapping pumps will not work unless you replace both pump and the van end of the immobiliser.
i've just found the same part number pump, will this need immobiliser replacing too or is it just a matter of swapping?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

mattjay50 wrote: i've just found the same part number pump, will this need immobiliser replacing too or is it just a matter of swapping?
Yes, you can swap immobilier modules complete from the old, original to the new pump after de-armouring it.

Just before you do though... The old one may be repairable...
mattjay50 wrote:now its starts up then cuts out staright away, its in my mates garage he's checked everything and theres fuel going up to the pump but not getting through
Seen this a couple of times on Lucas pumps. It is caused by a seized metering needle. It's quite easily repaired too. You need to tale the lid off and then follow the spring assembly attached to the throttle lever to the point where it rotates the metering needle.

Disassemble from this point and pull the needle from its bore. It may be in there very tightly. Clean up well until the needle rotates freely, reassemble and all will be well.

I have some pictures somewhere but can't find them right now. Id you want, I can post them when I find them...

Note that if you do try to repair, you need to work in conditions of clinical cleanliness and work very gently and methodically. Pumps are complex
and delicate.

You should also replace the lid, throttle and cold start spindle seals on reassembly.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...