BSI Problem.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ffitchie

BSI Problem.

Post by ffitchie »

I have been told that the solution to getting my wipers working again is a new BSI. They have done diagnostics checked motors fuses battery and done a reinstall of the BSI software. Nothing has worked he said when the wipers were on it over loaded causing a spike in the voltage and went from the wipers back to the BSI and blew it.

Can i get a BSI from a breakers or do i have to swollow the bill for a new one?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You can only code a BSI once so it not really feasable unless you also get the engine management ECU & the keys from the same car at the breakers aswell as they are already matched to each other. There are also issues with the milages of the cars, if the second hand BSI has a higher milage it will write the higher milage onto your instrument panel.
fred1

Post by fred1 »

Hi,

1 Have the garage checked that the BSI is seeing the the signals from the wiper stalk. This is a straightforward lexia check. If not it could be a stalk problem or a BSI problem. Are there any faults logged for the BSI?

2. I assume there is no voltage getting to the wiper motor and that they have checked this at the wiper motor.

3. Have they checked the wires from the engine bay fuse box to the wiper motor for continuity

4. Have they checked that the relay (called wiper delay relay, normally a 6 pin blue cartier relay) that feeds/controls the wipers and is located in the engine bay fuse/relay box is working.

I think you need the answers to these questions before embarking on an expensive BSI change.

regards

John
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

fred1 wrote: 4. Have they checked that the relay (called wiper delay relay, normally a 6 pin blue cartier relay) that feeds/controls the wipers and is located in the engine bay fuse/relay box is working.
There are no seperate relays for the wipers on this car, they are an internal part of the under bonnet fuse box which itself is an ECU. The under bonnet fusebox can however be swapped over from another car no problems for testing or using a 2nd hand one.
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

That comment that a voltage spike was caused by the wiper overload is very doubtful !!
My inclination is that some sort of mechanical problem has been caused by the wipers being forced back into position.
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !