New To The Forum And New Xantia Owner

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

admiral51 wrote:Is it just me or does this thread seem like a conversation held around a table in a local pub by mates on a quiet night out :D :D
It certainly does, reading in the cold light of day Colin :D :D :lol: :lol:

But then, that's what the FCF is all about. I once was an active member of a Vintage Wireless forum and the mods on there were very hot on threads going off-topic. Threads would be split or locked at the tiniest hint of off-topic and the transgressors sternly warned. I was many times!!! If this were that forum, we'd all be banned by now. I jest not!

I encourage off-topicness. It leads to some interesting stuff. I also dislike heavy-handed moderation in such matters as it tends to stilt the natural flow and makes it all a bit sterile.....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

CitroJim wrote:

But then, that's what the FCF is all about. I once was an active member of a Vintage Wireless forum and the mods on there were very hot on threads going off-topic. Threads would be split or locked at the tiniest hint of off-topic and the transgressors sternly warned. I was many times!!! If this were that forum, we'd all be banned by now. I jest not!
So you've been there to Jim, its like a victorian school, I shall probably get thrown out for that remark :D :?

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Peter.N. wrote:
So you've been there to Jim, its like a victorian school, I shall probably get thrown out for that remark :D :?
:lol: :lol: Yes, I guess that's it for you on that forum now Peter!

It's a shame really as it's a grreat forum with some smashing members but so badly stifled. I learned a bit about how not to moderate a forum there...

I used to post under the name of G4MEZ, my amateur radio callsign...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

You're a ham as well, seems to be a theme here somewhere.

Peter G0HET
Christine G1EFX (my old call)
brmartyn
My Cars: Citroen C8

Post by brmartyn »

Afternoon Gents

I would just like to say how much I'm enjoying the forum at the moment it's nice to see some genuine people out there with useful tips and suggestions in hand.

It will be nice to meet a few of you at a Citroen Rally sometime (maybe!)

Cheers

Brady :D :D :D :D :D
Brady

Citroen C8 2.2 HDI Exclusive 2006/06

Previous French cars -
Renault Megane Tourer 2004/54 1.9 DCI Privilege
Citroen Xantia 1998/S 2.0 16v Exclusive Automatic
Renault Laguna Sports Tourer Dymanique 2001/51
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

y;ep, ive got to get rund to going to one this year too, is the CX/xm rally on this year again?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Rally meets are great, you get to see just how friendly Citroen owners are, often experience, tools, parts (including body parts) are given to help repair other's cars :)

I'm looking forward to the one up in Scotland, just for the thought of a convoy of us going up there.
Definitely one for Cassy I think, with a boot load of vegetable oil. Juliet would be far too expensive.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Ill have to look into the Scotland meeting, that might be a good one to attend. When is it?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:y;ep, ive got to get rund to going to one this year too, is the CX/xm rally on this year again?
Hopefully Dean :D and hopefully at Little Horwood again. It's a fantastic little venue and nearly local to me :D Good weather seems to be a feature. Hopefully the DSM rally will be back there this year as well.

One wonders when the time will be right to have a Xantia rally 8)
Jim

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Citroenmad wrote:Ill have to look into the Scotland meeting, that might be a good one to attend. When is it?
Can't remember off the top of my head, Danielle spotted it in one of the Citroenians last year and we liked the sound of it.
Will have to go through them and find the details :)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

CitroJim wrote:
Deanxm wrote:y;ep, ive got to get rund to going to one this year too, is the CX/xm rally on this year again?
Hopefully Dean :D and hopefully at Little Horwood again. It's a fantastic little venue and nearly local to me :D Good weather seems to be a feature. Hopefully the DSM rally will be back there this year as well.

One wonders when the time will be right to have a Xantia rally 8)
Really the xantia needs to be tied in with say the cxm rally, keeps the numbers up, sounds like you all had a good one there last year so im going to get myself sorted out and trundle up this time, would be good if its in the same place too, i think it was fairly accesable for me last time.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

DP
XM Prestige PRV6 92

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

CitroJim wrote: Kev, when you do your cambelt, would you like to take a load of photos or perhaps come up here for the weekend and do it? It's about time we had a proper photographic XUD cambelt writeup done...
I'll take the second option :)
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote: Really the xantia needs to be tied in with say the cxm rally, keeps the numbers up.
Yes, that's a good thought Dean. Perhaps a Citroen "X" rally encompassing the AX, BX, CX, ZX, XM, Xantia and Xsara...

Wonder how that would go down?
red_dwarfers wrote:I''ll take the second option
No worries Kev, Make an appointment for later in the year and the job's a good 'un :D
Jim

brmartyn
My Cars: Citroen C8

Post by brmartyn »

:D
Brady

Citroen C8 2.2 HDI Exclusive 2006/06

Previous French cars -
Renault Megane Tourer 2004/54 1.9 DCI Privilege
Citroen Xantia 1998/S 2.0 16v Exclusive Automatic
Renault Laguna Sports Tourer Dymanique 2001/51
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W