Engine management module

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pckent
My Cars:

Engine management module

Post by pckent »

can anyone please tell me if a module from one xsara picasso 2001 model, fit into another picasso of the same year. I know it may need reprogramming, but will it work.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The ECU's can only be programed once only with the proper citroen diagnostic machine so even citroen wont be able to program a snd hand one for you. however I belive that there are people out there that can 'virginise' ECU's by messing about with the eproms & stuff inside them.
Have you got water in the ECU ?
pckent
My Cars:

ECU

Post by pckent »

hello Wheeler.
thank you for your reply. Yes I have moisture in the ECU. At the moment the only thing not working is the front windscreen wipers. Everything has been checked on this side of the car ie; motor, arms, fuses etc. Is there a way of drying it out or has the mositure destroyed some of the programming? I look forward to you reply.
Paul
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Are we talking about the injection ECU under the bonnet or the BSI behind the dash ? the Injection ECU under the bonnet has nothing to do with the wipers.
The same info about the BSI applies anyway, program once only.
pckent
My Cars:

ECU

Post by pckent »

Hello Wheeler.
The unit I refer to is the one under the dash, the BSI. please could you tell me what BSI stands for.
Thank you
Paul.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Built-in Systems Interface.