Trying to locate vacuum pipe on XM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

EdX20

Trying to locate vacuum pipe on XM

Post by EdX20 »

Hi folks! Notwithstanding the forum's notice that web-based email addresses wouldn't work to register, here I am. (My ISP is Orange mobile and they don't have email addresses).

Trying to locate vacuum pipe on XM, here's why:

I ripped out the old cruise control kit that stopped working and I couldn't fix it, it was retrofitted back when the car was new. It had an electrically-operated motor. The only new kit I could find was from the USA and is vacuum-operated. (Audiovox CCS 100).

It's all installed and the LED responds favourably to the given test procedure, but it doesn't engage while driving. So it looks like the pipe I thought was a vacuum pipe coming from the EGR pump is either:

1. Not the vacuum pipe at all, but something else. (What?). Or,

2. It's not getting any vacuum from the EGR pump.

The pipe I tee-ed into is a small diameter (about the same size as washer fluid hose), very flexible black rubber hose that sprouts from the inside starboard wing just in front of the ECUs and runs back then dives down the back of the engine to I-know-not-where. I have to say I couldn't feel any suck from it with the engine running either slow or fast.

Any advice welcomed, I'd love to have cruise control again. I can't see any other hoses that are likely contenders as a vacuum source.

Here's a pic of the vacuum pump I saw here from steelcityuk, although I think that's on a 2.5 which may be different. I haven't been under the wing yet to have a look, and since I don't have axle stands I'd prefer not to have to.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2005/214 ... 76118d.jpg

Cheers!

Ed
'92 XM 2.1TD Auto SE Estate. Leather, Air, Sunroof, the works! (5833)
EdX20

Post by EdX20 »

Just bumping this up in case someone who might know missed it.
'92 XM 2.1TD Auto SE Estate. Leather, Air, Sunroof, the works! (5833)