Xantia Key pad bypass

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Taffyrhys
My Cars:

Xantia Key pad bypass

Post by Taffyrhys »

Am i correct that to bypass the key pad that i start the car using the code then i just disconnect the key pad, while its still running and this will bypass it, so i can then start it everytime with out inputing the code? It only because the keypad number are getting worn so more presure is needed.

Cheers

Taffyryhs
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Taffyryhs

Yes you are quite correct that is the way to disable the keypad.Just remember that you will need to remember the last code used to succesfully start the car as if you were to relace/reconnect the keypad in the future that is the only code that will be accepted by the immobiliser.

The keypad itself does not store the code,it is the ECU that stores the code,so you can swap keypads from any car,you just need the correct code for the ECU.

I do have a keypad that has good buttons if you are looking at keeping the keypad in use :wink:

Colin
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

You could change the code to use the fresh buttons :)

If you do disable it, let your insurance company know. As it's factory fitted it isn't likely to make a difference to your policy.
Then you can scour the scrapyards and get a useful tray from either an early Xantia or a S2 to replace the keypad completely :)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool