still no ns suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

acr car

still no ns suspension

Post by acr car »

hi can anyone help still have no n/s front suspension after relaceing sink valve seal on n/s front of my Xantia esttate rear working all ok going up and down o/s front in normall position but not going up or down with back when placed in full up or low have no oil flow out of lhm pipe to top of ns spher also can anyone suggest best place to buy seal for pipe as unable to get back in now seal moved removed sink valve again to check all pipes look ok seals look good
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

This sounds a very strange fault, can you give us some history?
acr car

Post by acr car »

no oil comeing out of ns spher pipe with car running ok till leaking sink valve car drove fine but not surer if front was going up to full position.os also not moveing from normall is it possible front low on pressuer and os staying normall as not been leaking on that side ns will not work as lost oil
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Do you mean the height corrector valve? I assume the other side is working OK. If it was working both sides before you repaired it must be something to do with your repair. Never heard of this happening before.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

may be you have pinched a piece of the seal which has gone into the system causeing a blockage, its a bit risky disconecting a main feed pipe on a live system, as there is about 2,600psi coming through those pipes,

year ago we had a newly qualifyed F**D mechanic come for a job at a citroen service agents i used to work for,

my boss took him on and the first job he had was a clutch on a GS, this job involves disconectting the main presure feed to the regulator, on startting up after re/assembling the reg sphere exploded,

my bosses son fitted a good S/H sphere for that one to pop/split wide open as well,

replaced the comnplete regulator this sorted it,

next my bosses son striped the old regulater and found a tinny piece of the pipe seal inside the regulator,

no one had though to tell him about the pipe seals,

regards malcolm
acr car

Post by acr car »

how can i get pipe seals out of spher mounting with out removeing suspension leg car is 2.1 turbo diesel estate still driveing no ns front suspension going to recheck anti sink valve again
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Use a small mirror and torch to check the state of the hole to see if the seal is in the way.
If you need to remove it, I find a small flat screwdriver can be used to gently pull the seal out, otherwise a metal pick can do it (you know like the bent sharp things dentists use).
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
acr car

no ns front suspension

Post by acr car »

replaced sink valve with second hand from scrap yard now front suspension working again sitting up high now than before leak on front need to adjust on ramp thanks all for help
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Well thats an interesting discivery, the anti sink valves, being completely mechanical dont useuall cause a problem..

A piece of the pipe seal could very well have got caught in there, becuase when you remove pipes you get "Hairs" on the ends of the seals and if not cut off can be pushed into the area the pipe needs to go!

Well done for getting her fixed up!

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto