Dispatch indicator / hazards issues ## updated 18/01/10##

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fastbikes76

Dispatch indicator / hazards issues ## updated 18/01/10##

Post by fastbikes76 »

Hi Guys,

Sorry too one of those who joins up just because they need help :oops:

Im a moderator on the GTOUk forum which is where my main interests lay. I have a 435bhp twin turbo money guzzler that take up all my spare time..well apart from trying to fix my work van :lol:

I have a 56 plate Dispatch 2.0hdi and it just failed its first MOT on hazards not working . The indicators work fine and i nicked the hazard switch from our other dispatch too test and its not that. Fuse box says the hazard fues also works the radio, interior light and a few other goodies which are all working ..so it cant be the fuse. Im left thinking it can only be the flasher relay. I have trawled the net for days now and cant find the relay location :(

Can anyone offer some advice on where it is or what else could be the issue.

Many thanks

Elton
Last edited by fastbikes76 on 18 Jan 2010, 19:57, edited 2 times in total.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Is it a mk2 or the latest shape mk3 ? I think 2006/7 was the changeover.
fastbikes76

Post by fastbikes76 »

I would guess its a MK3 as it is different too our other one which is an 05 plate.

Just some more info...

Been to 2 main dealers now and they wont even tell me which relay it is or where it is..and neither had one in stock..great help :roll:

The hazards don't work at all. The hazard switch DOES light up when side lights are on... switch also brightens a little when pressed to switch the hazards on.

If i turn on the hazards while the indicators are on..the indicators stop working too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If it's a mk 3 then it doesent have a hazzard relay, the van is fully multiplexed & the hazzards & indicators are controlled by the BSI unit.
The other thing i dont understand is you said you tried the switch off your other van but the switches are completely different on the mk 2 & 3 and definitely not interchangeable.
fastbikes76

Post by fastbikes76 »

Hi,

Here is a pic of our vans..the nearest one is mine (with the fault)on a 56 plate, second one is on a 05 plate and our Relay is also an 05 plate.

So im now guessing they both Mk2 vans as the dash is identical..only changes i can see is the added black strips all round, newer grill and headlamps etc.

Once again, thanks for your help

ImageImage
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Does your van have one or two clicks of the key before the engine starts?

Fully multiplexed cars only have one key position before the engine turns over.
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
fastbikes76

Post by fastbikes76 »

bencowell wrote:Does your van have one or two clicks of the key before the engine starts?
How the hell should i know.. I only drive it everyday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just been out and checked.. It has off, acc and then turn over.

Cheers

8)
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the one at the front is a mk2 & the one behind it is a mk 1. both vans should be pretty much identical electrically & neither are multiplexed. I would think the relay would be in the same place as the mk 1, just switch the hazzards on & follow the ticking noise to find it.
fastbikes76

Post by fastbikes76 »

Hi wheeler,

Thats the problem..the hazards do nothing so there is no ticking etc too follow. There is a clicking from the steering coloumn area when indicators are used.

It sounds like its coming from the indicator stalk :? Would that operate both indicators AND hazards ?

Cheers & Meeery crimbo guys
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

fastbikes76 wrote:Hi wheeler,

Thats the problem..the hazards do nothing so there is no ticking etc too follow. There is a clicking from the steering coloumn area when indicators are used.
I was meaning to this on the working van so that you can find the relay location on the one that doesent work & you can swap the bits to try them.
fastbikes76

Post by fastbikes76 »

wheeler wrote:
fastbikes76 wrote:Hi wheeler,

I was meaning to this on the working van so that you can find the relay location on the one that doesent work & you can swap the bits to try them.
:oops: :oops:

Good point !

Sorry got this stupid man flu bug and head is not quite working at he mo.

Will get other chap to pop over in his van and we can start sub'ing parts till we find the answer.

8)
fastbikes76

Post by fastbikes76 »

OK, Swapped out the hazard switch, hazard/indicator relay and indicator stalk from our other working van..still no hazards.

Fuses all OK and the switch appears too be getting power as it lights up when side lights are on and it stops indicators working when hazards are switched.

HELP :(