Help please? xantia estate suspension cold weather issue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

The link you describe is used to connect the height corrector to the anti roll bar. If its just the plastic link that's popped off simply push it back on and it may stay there, failing that the height corrector linkage may be stiff and require freeing off/lubrication. If the bent metal rod has snapped off then you can buy just that part separate from the height corrector.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Thanks again DickieG,

some sanity at last, the plastic connector is still connected the bent metal rod has snapped or to put it a better way sheared in half.

thanks for the info it'll all help trying to describe it to pleiades later on.

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:some sanity at last, the plastic connector is still connected the bent metal rod has snapped or to put it a better way sheared in half.
The part number for the metal rod is 5291 14 (called Control lever by Citroën) but before fitting the new rod check that the height corrector mechanism is able to move freely otherwise the new rod or plastic link may also break.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Thanks DickieG,

Have taken note of the part number cheers. I guess the mechanism was ok because the car still lifts to top and drops to the bottom setting it just wont stay in the middle (ie normal driving level).

(would like to add I never thought for moment that it was something pleiades did Martin has done work on my xantia at very short notice and the service I have recieved has been Bl**dy marvellous). if you pay him a visit dont forget the chocky biscuits.

Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.