Hyundai Kills Citroen ZX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Featch wrote:As for the Insignia, it manages to be both choppy and harsh on the small bumps yet wallow with the contour of the road at the same time, it feels like there's someone else in the boot trying to steer as well as me! We've a Peugeot 407 estate pool car at work which isn't great but it's loads better than the Insignia, so I guess it's a Luton thing and not entirely down to modern cars :wink: And as for the Insignia's styling :mrgreen:
Yep that is a Luton/Vauxhall thing, the previous Vectra does the same, choppy and harsh yet wallows which is quite an achievement really. Is it noisy in the back like the Vectra? They also have the dubious honour of being the only car I've known of that consistently makes adults travelling inside them feel nauseous :mrgreen: horrid horrid things.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Featch wrote:so I guess it's a Luton thing and not entirely down to modern cars :wink: And as for the Insignia's styling :mrgreen:

If you saw the shockingly poor driving skills over in Luton, you'd not design a good looking car there either! :D
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Featch
My Cars:

Post by Featch »

I just had a phone call from the other drivers insurance company. They've accepted full responsibility straight away so things should move pretty fast.

They're sending me an interim personal injury compensation payment, which is nice of them. I feel dead rough and ache all over this morning, so it's of to see my GP on Monday.

It'll all go wrong when they offer me 2 bob for the ZX :roll:
Citroenless at the moment. CX or GS that is my dilemma!
2011 Volvo V70 D3
85 Mercedes 805d Campervan (Betsy))
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

They are obliged to offer u a fair market price for your car , it may not reflect what it's worth to u but thats how it works.

Hopefully you don't have any serious injuries , but if in any doubt get yourself down to A&E for a check over.
That sort of shunt can have a remarkably unpleasant effect on how u feel , combination of shock and having your internals shook up.
I was in an offside frontal impact a few years ago which almost wrote off the Merc W124 I was in at the time , one of the most bomb proof cars ever. The Volvo 340 that I hit and that caused the accident had it's engine ripped out !! The shock at the time was bad enough , I couldn't even remember my parents phone number , but I felt nauseous and ached for days afterwards. Apart from slight whiplash though there were no long term effects , apart from developing an aversion to Volvo 340's :D
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

My two-penn'orth: -

The legal situation is that as the innocent victim you are entitled to have your car put back as it was before the collision and for you to be compensated for injury, loss of earnings and any costs or losses reasonably arising from the collision.

BTW use "collision" not "accident" to drive home the point that there it was the result of negligence not chance.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to settle your claim for injury - the extent of which, as others have pointed out, may take some time to become evident. My daughter-in-law is still receiving treatment for 'minor' injuries resulting from a low-speed collision last winter - some prat drove off a forecourt straight into the passenger side of our son's works car. An Astra!!!!!

'Beyond Economic Repair' is irrelevant. The legal logic is quite simple - as an innocent party, the magnitude of the necessary costs is irrelevant. If necessary, point out that she could have crippled several people (compensation in millions) or hit a Ferrari.

Please take advice from a solicitor on Monday morning before you talk to either insurers - this (of course) counts as a reasonable expense to be reclaimed by the other side.

And no I'm not a lawyer!
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

Just to comment on the Insignia... earlier postings by myself explain that I found it necessary to hire a car for a few days due to a burst Header Tank on the V6, I was initially pleased that it turned out to be a brand new Insignia.... what a horror!! a 1.8 petrol. This has to be the worst car I have driven in years, those of you who know Brixham will appreciate it when I say that this car would not go up some of the residential roads because of the inclines/tight turns.. the Xantia inc my 1.9TD has flown around these roads for years without me having to give a thought to whether I might stall or even be capable of driving up these roads.. seriously awful, when we eventually got to our destination (St Ives) I left it on the car park for the duration, not wishing to further spoil our break. Horrible horrible horrible car!!!
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Featch wrote:They're sending me an interim personal injury compensation payment, which is nice of them.
Is the compensation reasonable? Have you discussed this with a solicator? If you turn out to be more injured than you think you are at the moment...

If you don't like the Insignia, point out to the supplier that your car was diesel and you'd like a diesel car as a courtesy car.
Featch
My Cars:

Post by Featch »

The snow has delayed things but the other party's assessor has declared the car a write off. Not just a write off but a category A write off, so it's off to be crushed next week. :cry:

They've offered me a very reasonable settlement and I've had an even better settlement for my minor injuries. I'm happy, no complaints.

I still hate the Insignia, so much I've hardly used it. I did think it might be better on the motorway.... but it wasn't. :roll:
Citroenless at the moment. CX or GS that is my dilemma!
2011 Volvo V70 D3
85 Mercedes 805d Campervan (Betsy))