fulda tyres?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

ALAN, XANTIA 1.6 SX PETROL
DOM
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shaunthesheep</i>

ALAN, XANTIA 1.6 SX PETROL
DOM
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You'd hardly expect a 1.6 motor to have the grunt to drag you around, but are they directional & under what circumstances do they start the wandering capers? Accellerating, decellerating, uphill, downhill, wet roads, dry, normal cruising, roads with high crowns??????
The circumstances could give us a good guide on where to start looking.
Alan S
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

cheers alan, will post an update next week, should have had ALL THE QUALITY british weather then.
have found out that i've got a wore wheel bearing, passanger side, front. might this contrubute to the problem?, how easy are front wheel bearings to change? or sholud i leave it to the garage as car is being mot'd next week
dom
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Given the rather tight MOT schedule, I'd let a garage replace the wheel bearing. It's not exactly a laughing easy job [:p]
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

Given the rather tight MOT schedule, I'd let a garage replace the wheel bearing. It's not exactly a laughing easy job [:p]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'm with Anders on that; not the kind of job you need someone standing behind you with a stop watch in the hand whilst you're doing it.
Badly worn wheel bearing could cause this problem.
Alan S