Can Xantia fail MOT on Soft Front Suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Post by lurchy666 »

mark21td wrote: I was a passenger in an old mini years ago when a break pipe burst, we where trying ot slow down from 50 for a roundabout, luckily there were no other cars about, we managed to stop after going over the top of the roundabout, scarry stuff when they burst.

I've found a good MOT station, when I first went I was speeking to the owner and told him I was not happy about the last place I used and how they put a screwdriver through a drivesharft gator thinking they would get the work, I then exsplaned that I do all my work my self including welding so the only money they were getting from me was the price of the MOT itself.
lol my mini did that aswell, but i did the oposite , i just wellied the mini around the roundabout at full power ( luckly the handling is good on them) and slowed her down on the gears on the next bit of road, ( no good using the hand brake the shoes would have melted lol)

thats what i told my mot place and they are always fair, they even let me or my old man (depends who takes the cars) underneath to have a good look around to see the state of the underside of the cars, they even let us off light bulbs and silly things like that cause they know if they mention it, it'll be done when we get home or there and then if its a bulb as all our cars carry spare bulbs
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg
mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

lurchy666 wrote:
mark21td wrote: I was a passenger in an old mini years ago when a break pipe burst, we where trying ot slow down from 50 for a roundabout, luckily there were no other cars about, we managed to stop after going over the top of the roundabout, scarry stuff when they burst.

I've found a good MOT station, when I first went I was speeking to the owner and told him I was not happy about the last place I used and how they put a screwdriver through a drivesharft gator thinking they would get the work, I then exsplaned that I do all my work my self including welding so the only money they were getting from me was the price of the MOT itself.
lol my mini did that aswell, but i did the oposite , i just wellied the mini around the roundabout at full power ( luckly the handling is good on them) and slowed her down on the gears on the next bit of road, ( no good using the hand brake the shoes would have melted lol)

thats what i told my mot place and they are always fair, they even let me or my old man (depends who takes the cars) underneath to have a good look around to see the state of the underside of the cars, they even let us off light bulbs and silly things like that cause they know if they mention it, it'll be done when we get home or there and then if its a bulb as all our cars carry spare bulbs

If I'd been driving we would have gone round it aswell, I loved the handling of the old mini's.
My party trick was to go sideways round a corner after a bit of left foot breaking on the way in, but only in the wet :lol:
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
01 306 HDI 90 meridian estate
Brew my own biodiesel

http://www.shorewasteoil.xtreemhost.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the problem with MOT testers they dont have to be mechanics or or even have an enginering back ground,

regards malcolm