First the heater, now the central locking remote!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gingerposer
My Cars:

First the heater, now the central locking remote!

Post by Gingerposer »

Blast it! Got the heater blower working again, now another problem has raised its ugly head to trouble me!

Got home from work, tried to lock the car using the remote keyfob - nothing. Tried the spare fob, same result - nothing.
Worked perfectly up to this point. Car locks fine with either key in the driver or passenger door.
It's the radio type remote I think as it has the folding key and no sign of an infrared receiver anywhere.
See my other post about heater troubles, is it possible I have disturbed something when I had the carpet off above the passenger footwell to attend to the heater? Or is it coincidental, and what should I be doing to remedy this?

Cheers,

Ainslie 8)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Don't panic, try it again later or move the car a bit and try again.

I have had that happen a few times. There are a couple of places at work where mine fails, due to a cell mast on the site.
Never bother locking it at work any more.

A couple of weeks ago it wouldn't work in my usual supermarket parking place but was fine when I got it home.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I've known the batteries fail in both plips almost simultaneously :roll:

Seems the batteries have a finite life, used or not...

Worth a new battery, just in case.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Post by Gingerposer »

Ok, I'll not worry too much just yet, specially as the central locking is working with key in doors anyway, cheers for the replies!
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Post by Gingerposer »

Now this is bizarre - the remote is working everywhere except outside the house, where I have parked since I got the car! I am beginning to wonder if there is something causing interference. it occurred to me there is an electricity substation adjacent to to the parking space- though it has obviously not caused any problems before yesterday! Perhaps it is a sign that the battery in the remote is a little weak?

Cheers
Ainslie
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

They may have installed or upgraded some telemetry equipment in the substation that is interfering with your plip signal.
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Post by Gingerposer »

Or perhaps it is due to the millions of fairy lights in the neighbourhood just now! :lol: