Intermittent Wipe

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

acrowot
My Cars:

Intermittent Wipe

Post by acrowot »

Does anyone know were the control unit is fitted for the inter. wipe on a 1996 xantia.
TIA John
algieuk

Post by algieuk »

on a bracket under the dash in the dirvers footwell between the accelerator peddle and the side of the car. Held in place by 1 torx screw. (It's blue)
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Thanks for your reply algieuk, I have had a look in this area, there is a carpet type covering just above the pedals, I have unclipped this and there is a plate with a few relays on it situated above and between the accelerator and the side of the car, on the back of this plate (I am now looking between the relay plate and the front bulkhead) there is a blue relay, is this the one you mean? I can not see a screw holding this in place but there again I am not as supple as I was in my younger days. Is this relay difficult to remove?
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Don't know about the relay but are you an rc'er with that user name.
Dave
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Spot on Dave
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Kid brother is pretty good on the sticks, had a do at it mesen a few years ago, he'd have me on a buddy box and I was doing ok until the wings clapped on me old Irvine trainer.
He's had a couple of Acrowot's but he's a into copter's more than fixed, hehe he's had me on the buddy box with a copter too, buggered if I know how you get them sods to go where you want, seems like they've got a mind of their own to me.
Dave
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Fixed wing only for me, reactions not what they were, my models have to be bigger as well now,easier to see.The biggest is a Diablo, 96" wingspan 60cc 3W Petrol engine, all good fun.
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

algieuk,thanks found this relay with the help of a mirror, had to remove two other relays to gain access to screw, fault was poor contacts between plug and socket, cleaned all now OK, a cheap repair,thanks again. [:D]
algieuk

Post by algieuk »

You are welcome....what was the fault btw? I'm having a problem with mine right now (hence my knowing where to find it)
The wipers work just fine, but the intermittant wipe just turns the wipers on to low speed.
I know it's not the unit (it works fine when plugged into the rear wipe).
I will try checking the connections next.
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

With the ignition key turned to position 1 and the wiper switch in the delay position, if I then twisted the relay in the socket the wipers operated.What I did was to plug out the delay unit and cleaned the contacts on this unit with fine emery paper ( they did look clean to begin with) I then put a slight twist in all of the contacts with a pair of pliers ( the theory being that with this twist in when the relay was reinserted it would be a tighter fit, which appears to have been the case). It does work fine now.