head light bulb replacement help please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andy c5
My Cars:

head light bulb replacement help please

Post by andy c5 »

Hi, guys its the battery side,where is the clip attached is it the top you need to unclip or the bottom or is there another way to get the bulb out. Thanks Andy :D
Duracell
My Cars:

Post by Duracell »

Not sure what changes there were on the different models but I've just done the offside dipped on my 2003 mark 1 - the bulb was held in by a clip that unclipped at the top and swung down - unplug it first as it gets tangled up if you dont - not easy when you can't see - the bulb goes back in with the tag at the top - can't comment on the main/fog bulb as I've not done one but it could well be the same

HTH
rmunns
My Cars: 2019 C5 Aircross 2litre diesel, auto.
2018 C4 Pic2 Spacetourer auto. Seems nice so far.
2019 C4 Cactus manual. Didn't like it, lots of niggling points. sold.
2011 C4 Picasso excl. - shaping up to be a disaster, bought June 2019. P/X'd
2009 Citroen C5 X7 exclusive, auto, LHD, 207500km (129000miles) now sold
Citroen Xsara Picasso excl. 2004 2.0 Hdi, RHD, 64000miles. (sold)
Citroen C3 Picasso excl. 2016. sold.
Two Xantias, one petrol, one diesel. sold.

In the past: Renault 16 (in about 1977, for a year). With front pass. seat out transported full bathroom suite from Cambridge to Derby!)
Renault 4TL (in 2011, for a year)

Post by rmunns »

I find it easiest if you take out the headlamp unit. Three screws (bottom one needs care not to drop it), indicator unit slides forward, unclip plastic strip under light. Not as bad a job as you might think. I agree, access otherwise is very tight.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Is this a C5 then all you do is push one of the sides of the clip and it will unhook. once you get the knack its simple. I only found this out after paying 80 (or was it 60) quid to the Citroen Dealer in Dundee who assured me they had to take the front off.
C'est pas possible!