Blower problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pridz
My Cars:

Blower problems

Post by pridz »

Hi all, I have just completed the heater mod,however somebody had done the job before.The two red cables coming from the brown plug had been cut,however they had been connected to the new relay wrong,they had shorted the relay to the extent that it was melted on one side.I dont really understand how it worked.I have replaced the relay,now i have 12 volts to the blower at the brown plug but when it comes out of the module their is only 2.5 volts.When I put 12 volts to the motor itself it works fine.I have bought a new speed control transister module.19TD A/C
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

There's a write-up with circuit diagrams and photos available via my web-page, which may help you sort it out.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
pridz
My Cars:

Post by pridz »

Thank you old guy for such a rapid post.It was indeed your page that i used to do the mod.I have just gone out to car to check when the relay clicks on/off it only seems to click on when the ignition is turned to run so it would seem that I also may have wired the relay wrongly.Would it be possiable for someone to post which red wires from the brown plug go to which numbers on the relay, I think it is30/87 Many thanks
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Are you testing it with the engine running? :)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool