C5 fuel pump securing ring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rsdavies
My Cars:

C5 fuel pump securing ring

Post by rsdavies »

the threaded securing ring that holds the low pressure pump into the fuel tank has split. The replacement I got from my local dealer ( a citroen main dealer) has the same part no as the split one but is too small to go on and that is even with the pump and seal out of the way, have I got a rouge part or is there a need to warm this part up to make it fit. the old one was very hard to remove hence it is split. As the top of the pump is well under the top of the tank it has to seal or a you lose fuel and b it down right dangerouse
Must learn to weld and fix the DS23
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You should not have to heat the ring or anything it should just go straight on. You will probably find that the part you have is correct but the fuel tank is distorted thats why it wont go back on. Does it feel like the thread is just not catching ? It's not unknown for this to happen especially if the ring is left of the tank for any length of time.
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

This a most difficult operation. I have removed one or two, certainely after removing te same ring twice it is near impossible to replace. I agree with wheeler, you should not have to heat it. Try one from a breakers yard- it has worked for me