Am I stupid or WHAT!?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:53 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deanxm wrote:
Hi Paul

Your right there is no plug but there is a hole (not the half moon underneath) at the back of the engine where the bell housing overhangs the block i got in there with a socket without any hickups from the engine side.
There is three bolts to undo but im sure you now know this? other than Torque converter trouble how is the engine swap going?

D

There isn't dean! Promise! Ill take some pictures and show you.. but there blydi isn't hence my rant!

Cheers
Paul
I believe you Paul but you have me wondering, the TCT is the same engine as the N/a the box is a 4hp18q the same as the N/A exept for the boost sensor so now im going to have a look at my TCT setup when i get home and see what the problem is, from what you say there must be a difference but i just cant think what it is without looking, if i find easy access i will put a piccy up for you to look at.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

Martin and I were geting annoyed with the Haynes book whilst working on the ZX:

15 Remove the fuel filter/thermostat housing as decribed in chapter 4.
(It's actually in chapter 3.)

21 Remove the nut and bolt securing the engine front plate and alternator mounting bracket to the fuel injection pump mounting bracket, then remove the engine front plate.
(The what to the where to the where?! No picture.)
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Hi Paul

Ive been and looked and on both engines its access from the half moon cover on the bell housing with a good shallow ofset spanner.............god only knows what engine i was thinking of :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Blimey Malcolm!

I havent seen a BX on Anglesey for quite some time! Were exactly is he? IF you want to share that with me, I also have a 2nd hand dizzy here, BUT thats the ONLY BX thing Ive got..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Paul,

Can you get some pictures posted of this rather odd gearbox problem of yours? It'll help enormously to visualise it :D

I thought the place name Malcolm gave you was the postcode :lol: :lol: Your language sure does spell funny....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Ynys Mon - Welsh for Anglesey..

Postcodes LL then 3 numbers, then two letters! :D :D :D :lol:

Ill get them now - give me 15 mins! :shock:

Paul

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citroenxm wrote:Ynys Mon - Welsh for Anglesey..
Ahh :D It all becomes clear now Paul! Seems only right and proper that the postcode should start with a double L for a place in Wales...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

That should be the REAR of the block, as you can see the drive shaft comming out of the box...

Thats the lower under the starter....

** EDIT :shock: HOW the hell did they come that big! How do I make them smaller??

Paul

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I see your Problem Paul :twisted: About as much room there as there is on a V6 flex-plate with the exhaust headers in the way. They're tight and loctited :twisted:

I reckon Malcolm's idea of a ground down ring spanner with not too much angle is the way to go. My 16mm ring spanner just cuts the mustard for this but grinding so the head is thinner will help enormously. You need to have you and the engine well braced to get enough torque into play to crack them.

For the pictures, you need Irfanview. It is a simple picture editor that will resize and compress a treat. It will pull a huge image down to 640x480 resolution and then compress it to about 50K from a starting point of 1.5Mb and a resolution of 3648x2736 with little loss of quality. I use it for all mine. You will need to download Irfanview and all its plugins to get full functionality.

It's free as well. One of my "Must Haves" on a PC.
Jim

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Hi Paul

They fit fine on my screen fine!
The second picture is the way to go, the nuts are a bit low profile but it can be done with just the right spanner as previously mentioned, if yours are well in place then i guess its sump off the get a good socket on there, its strange though im sure i used a socket without removing the sump, if it was hard i would have remembered or cursed in public on a forum somewhere and there would be a record of it :lol:

P.s know your a busy man Paul but if you happen to have a spare TCT ecu just lying around i know of someone that may want one :wink: :D
Will pm you in the other place if you do.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Dean, there IS one, as I had a full car to bits that was a write off. AND I think it was codeless too, or a "VERY" simple 4 digit code we all use :lol:

Paul

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Paul your a top man, when you get time if you let me know how much your after with P+P then, no rush at all though.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Jim wrote
"grinding so the head is thinner"

i dont mean nes a cellary to make it thinner Jim,

i ment to grind it till there is no tapper/leed in on entry, this will give a better grip on very shalow bolt heads

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote: i ment to grind it till there is no tapper/leed in on entry, this will give a better grip on very shalow bolt heads
Malcolm, thanks!! That was precisely what I wanted to say but could not find the words last night :oops: Too late in the day for me. My mind was addled, drunk on the fumes of ATF I expect...

Excellent :D
Jim

citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Problem is guys, with only ONE and I mean ONE 16mm spanner in ALL of my spanners, its a hard choice to make, guess I need to go and buy a cheapie from Stermat or somewere...

Ill give it a go though.. thanks Malc!

Paul

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto