Heater blower Bushes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KennyW
Donor 2024
My Cars: Current Citroen's
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Heater blower Bushes

Post by KennyW »

My fan is no longer working as well as it used.

It is not the usual blower problem as the work on all settings but not as good.

I think i need to replace the bushes on the motor on the blower as anyone done this :?:

Kenny
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

I've changed brushes but never bushes. If you remove the blower you'll see that it's rather difficult to access bushes.
Some cleaning would also improve blower working. Are the brushes long enough for a proper contact.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i think you mean brushes not bushes,

have you checked your pollen filter is not blocked as i belive this can seriously reduce the blow from the fan,

although mine has very little blow and i have fitted a new filter,

i belive some of the heater flaps are operated by servos, so maybe something is not working in that area

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The only flap that is motored in an aircon Xantia is the flap in front of the matrix to control temperature. All the others are operated by bowden cables.

It is worth slipping the radio out, prising off the lid off the top of the heater control box and checking the operation of the bowden cables that operate the flaps. Luckily with the radio out you can see both ends.

The cable that operates the recirculation flap up under the blower often kinks at the control end and stops working; it may leave the recirculation flap in a halfway position and this may restrict airflow. The main flap that controls the flow of air to the demister vents, front vents and floor vents is double-acting and less likely to kink but it's still worth a check to ensure all is working as it should.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ok Jim

i know the cable to my recirculation flap must be kinked as the slide control springs back a bit after moveing it,

this has always done this since i have owned this Xant, and i have had a good blow from my heater vents,

regards malcolm