Leather seats mk11 into mk1 Xantia plus wood trim

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Leather seats mk11 into mk1 Xantia plus wood trim

Post by admiral51 »

Hi all
Is it possible to remove the front seats from a scrapped/no power Xantia when the seats in question are electric adjusted and if so how :) :)

What wiring would i need to remove with them and would the wiring be compatable from the current vehicle mk11 for a mk1.
As the recipient vehicle would be a mk1 VSX any chance i would have the plugs/wiring already installed.

Second question is will the rear seats fit as well although the donor vehicle is an estate and the recipient is a hatchback

As for the wood trim did citroen make a mk1 with wood trim and if so apart from the dash trim is a mk11 door trim the same as a mk1

lots of questions but i am trying to formulate a plan :wink:

Colin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Colin,

Yes, you can. I did a guide for this a while back. Basically you need the seats, the lower seatbelt rear straps and preferably the front seatbelts as well as they are slightly different in the MK2.

You'll need the whole of the looms that run right up to the fusebox and heater controls along with the heater controls themselves.

Sadly, there is no way to remove the seats unless you can power up the fore/aft motors. Easiest way is to follow the thick wire from the seat loom back to the 40A fuse in the cabin fusebox and after chopping this, power it up from a spare battery. The seats will then motor.

Here is my original post on doing the conversion

Krede has some useful information here

I really do recommend leathers, they're lovely.

Wood trim will not fit. MK1 and MK2 door cards are quite different :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Good luck! Its really not too bad a job, i did mk11 to mk11.

I would say as Jim said take as much of the loom as possible, but it is pretty tricky wiring the seats into the fuse box.
If your not bothered and have the time to route the wires great.

If not you could save hassle like i did by wiring it to the 12v lighter feed plenty of power there, just dont leave the heated seats on overnight!!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
admiral51
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Jim

Thanks for the info much appreciated :) :)

My plan is to remove the front leather seats from my VSX and replace with the mk11 seats with electric adjustment/heated etc.
The removed seats and newly aquired rear seats are destined for my 1.9 TD.
Im sort of praying that the wiring plugs are in place in the VSX

Colin
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Hi Colin

I have done as Dave did, and Jim did once :lol: wired through cig lighter..

they should fit easy, and you need a good power and a good earth and you have all the motors and lumber airbags working fine.. heating I think takes 3 other small wires and the rheostats....
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Estate back seats won't just slot straight into a hatchback,
whatever series you're changing.

BTW, I'd say heated cloth seats from an Activa are better
than any leather!!

Andrew
quai_de_javel
My Cars:

Post by quai_de_javel »

CitroJim wrote: Wood trim will not fit. MK1 and MK2 door cards are quite different :(
Wrong answer. The wood trims in MK I and MK II doors are the same, so they will 100% fit.
Front left: 9314 L0, front right: 9314 L1
Rear left: 9399 YE, rear right: 9399 YF
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

BUT The actuall DOOR CARDS wont swap over as Series 1 door cards are different to Series 2 cards... the BOLTS that secure the Main arm rest along the centre of the door are FURTHER apart on Series 2 cars...
HOWEVER, this IS the onyl differece, what you could actually do if you wanted to, is drill a new small hole for the scuring screw to self tap and screw into the door....

On the subject of Electric Seats I ALSO noticed that SERIES 2 cars, certainly in SX form, the POWER POINT plugs for electric seats is ALREADY installed in them, I discovered this when I dismantled a Series 2 SX Hdi, and RESCUED the electric seat harness's out of the car...

Rgds
Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Any more thoughts on the process of putting estate rear seats(mk11) into a hatch(mk1).

Was planning to attempt the removal this afternoon but if its going to be a real pain to do i may save a few bob and nab the pair of front seats for my TD that are in another car and in much better condition than mine

Cheers

Colin
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Went to scrappy today to aquire the leather seats but on closer inspection the passenger one has a tear/rip on the base and the smaller of the rear seats is also very tatty in areas :cry: :cry:
So it was off to plan B and i managed to get the fronts seats for my TD.Now these have the side airbags and my mk1 doesnt so this is a view of the underside of both showing wiring/connections etc

Drivers seat

Passenger seat

As can be seen from the second picture the wiring has already been repaired
so has no plugs.

Am i correct in thinking that
1.The white plug in the first picture is the extra earth wire and that i dont need to connect it to anything.
2.The brown plug is for the pre tensioners
3.The green plug is for the side airbag

If the above is correct then i only need to join the brown plug to my existing pre tensioner wiring and everything should work as normal ie the airbag ECU will not detect the side airbags and turn said dash light off :)

Cheers

Colin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Absolutely spot-on Colin, just leave the green connectors dangling. I would connect the green/yellow wires to earth though. Not absolutely sure what they do but just in case they are needed.

I will rely to your PM in a while, I'm not ignoring it!!!

EDIT: Shame the leathers were not good :cry:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Well finally got round to swapping the seats over in the TD today and they seem to be much more comfortable than the old ones :D :D

Managed to succesfully solder the correct wires together and used the old plugs from the old seats so the underseat wiring still looks as it should on a mk1 :) :)
Had a little bit of trouble with the arm rest as this had somehow managed to be facing the rear seats when down :oops: :oops: .This has now been resolved by removing the arm rest and resetting its position.
For those of you unaware of how to remove the arm rest it really is simple 8) 8)
With the armrest in its folded away position pull back the cover on the seat to gain access to the mounting plate and pins.With a flat screwdriver etc push the pins away and it just pops out.It has one locating pin(acts as a spindle) and one nylon bush that sits in a guide slot really quite neat :)

Colin