BX HYDROFLUSH.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

franciscolunn
My Cars:

BX HYDROFLUSH.

Post by franciscolunn »

JUST FOUND FORUM EXCELLENT READING.
I HAVE BX GTI 1992,I THINK IT'S A SMASHING CAR AND AM SPENDING BIT'S OF MONEY ON IT ALL THE TIME AND I LOVE IT.JUST PUT HYDROFLUSH IN IT OR RATHER A LOCAL INDEPENDANT CIT DEALER DID,NOW IT ONLY SINKS OVERNIGHT ABOUT 2 INCHES IT NEVER SANK MUCH OVER A FEW HOURS BEFORE BUT ALWAYS FULLY DOWN OVERNIGHT.SOME SAY I SHOULD BE PLEASED AS IT SHOWS SPHERE'S ARE IN GOOD NICK BUT I'M WORRIED AS IT'S NOT WHAT I WOULD EXPECT FROM A BX.IT DRIVES FINE AND WHEN STARTED RISES VITUALLY IMMEDIATELY AND SUSPENSION OTHERWISE WORKS GREAT.ANYBODY KNOW IF IT'S NORMAL WITH FLUSHING AGENT IN TO SIT UP ALL NIGHT.
THANKS
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

sounds as though the Hydroflush has cleaned out the doseur valve to me- rejoice
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

It's not the Hydraflush itself that does this, but the effects of the fluid's cleaning action.
The Hydraflush is a special designed fluid to remove the dirt from inside the system. The dirt is caught in the normal LHM oilskin, which is dissolved by the Hydraflush.
You should let the Hydraflush stay in the system for at least some 3200Miles, but never run the car with the Hydraflush for more than 5000miles, since the fluid has less lubricating effects, than LHM.
On replacing back to LHM, the filter reservoir can MUST be cleaned out internally, litterally done by hands & lots of rags. If this is not done, the cleaning effect wo'nt last long, since dirt from the reservoir will then spread out the system again. Also the filters in the reservoir must be cleaned.
NOTE : if these filters have holes or cracks in the fine mesh, they should immediately be replaced !
Besides filtering dirt the fiters also breaks down air bubbles, from the system returning fluid to the reservoir. If these air bubbles are allowed to reach the pump & thereby the system, all kinds of strange faults may be observed.
The LHM (or Hydraflush) is NOT directly related to suspension comfort.
If you're experiencing bumpy/harsh suspension, allways check the wheel spheres, by lightly pressing down each corner of car, when at normal drive height. It should be very easy to press down. If rock hard, the associated wheels sphere is most definately flat.
Allways replace both spheres on same axle, since a flat wheel sphere allways seeks company.
franciscolunn
My Cars:

Post by franciscolunn »

THANK YOU BOTH FOR TAKING TIME TO REPLY,EYE'S HAPPY NOW.