Lost cxm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sorry to hear you've been having so many problems Ciaran :( It's a perpetual worry of mine that some such might happen here but I have a contingency plan.

If you are expecting a long outage I can offer you temporary/however long you need it hosting on our reserve (soon to be the main) Webfusion VPS. It's got plenty of capacity.

Just FTP up the database and php files and away you go sir...

I make this offer in light of your revaluations about the consumption of tranquilisers Peter :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It so nearly happened to FCF and BXC :roll:

Just found a duff drive in the database Server RAID array :twisted:

Thanks goodness for hot-swappable hard drives..

The array is currently rebuilding...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Ciaran
My Cars:

Post by Ciaran »

CitroJim wrote:Sorry to hear you've been having so many problems Ciaran :( It's a perpetual worry of mine that some such might happen here but I have a contingency plan.

If you are expecting a long outage I can offer you temporary/however long you need it hosting on our reserve (soon to be the main) Webfusion VPS. It's got plenty of capacity.

Just FTP up the database and php files and away you go sir...

I make this offer in light of your revaluations about the consumption of tranquilisers Peter :lol:
A very kind offer Jim, and one I may very well take you up on in the mid term future, as I may need to move house at some point and don't know if I can continue hosting it uninterrupted while things change over.

Ironically, if I'd known that before all this started, I'd have taken your arm off then, but I suppose at the beginning I thought it would be offline a couple of hours, one problem led to another, and it snowballed...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Sounds like its been a bit of a nightmare Ciaran, is there light at the end of the tunnel yet?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Ciaran
My Cars:

Post by Ciaran »

CitroJim wrote:It so nearly happened to FCF and BXC :roll:

Just found a duff drive in the database Server RAID array :twisted:

Thanks goodness for hot-swappable hard drives..

The array is currently rebuilding...
Ouchies! Were you getting errors or did you just happen to notice it while pottering about?

Ciarán
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Ciaran wrote: Ouchies! Were you getting errors or did you just happen to notice it while pottering about?

Ciarán
Noticed a red light on the drive when I went to insert a new backup tape :oops: I check it every few days so it's not been down long. Had I been a good sysadmin I would have noticed the problem in the event logs.. My bad...

It's worse than that. The array is not rebuilding properly and the disk is reporting errors even though the disk is fine in another array. That means the storage box has a problem and that is not hot-swappable :twisted: A common enough problem on these old Compaq ML series servers.

I'll get some spares tomorrow and then get it sorted. In the meantime, if the forum dies you know why...

No worries though as I have a contingency...
Jim

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

No worries though as I have a contingency...
i hope so, there isnt many other citroen forums left :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
colinxm
My Cars:

Post by colinxm »

I've just run out of tranquilizers, red wine, beer and moonshine... I need my fix :shock:

Colin.P (currently running round the living room walls)
1995 Cit XM 2,1 TD Silver Estate
2004 Pug 307 SW
1989 Pug 205 Cabriolet
1998 Ford Puma
1979 Triumph TR7
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

ive got 12 guinness left after that i dont know, ive already got board and started trying to buy welders and lhm on ebay :lol:
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Ciaran
My Cars:

Post by Ciaran »

Well the new server is online, and I got the site onto it in the early hours of this morning, where it worked perfectly (for all of three minutes), and now its having a strop and won't process PHP pages, for some reason I can't fathom, but will find out this morning.

Its 99% there now, sorry about the wait folks :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Good work Ciaran :D

I know so well what you're up against :twisted: I really do sometimes wonder why I do it for a full-time job :evil: Computers really are the most frustrating and annoyingly difficult things so often :twisted:
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:Good work Ciaran :D

I know so well what you're up against :twisted: I really do sometimes wonder why I do it for a full-time job :evil: Computers really are the most frustrating and annoyingly difficult things so often :twisted:
Yes, they really embody the lines:
When she was good, she was very very good.
But when she was bad she was awful!
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

CitroJim wrote:That means the storage box has a problem and that is not hot-swappable
Is this an external drive array and is it multiplexed backplane?
colinxm
My Cars:

Post by colinxm »

Der... wut's a PHP ? :shock: :wink: :) :D :lol:

Good luck Ciaran, Colin.P
1995 Cit XM 2,1 TD Silver Estate
2004 Pug 307 SW
1989 Pug 205 Cabriolet
1998 Ford Puma
1979 Triumph TR7
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

At least we have something to look at now :D