Tips for storage...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh yes, I know the ones! Some early V6 Xantias had the same seats with Alcantra in the middle. Terrible stuff, wears like mad but looks and feels utterly lovely when in good condition.

My 2.1TD originally had very badly worn Alcantara seats. I replaced them with leather.

Given that full leathers are hard to come by for the XM and no doubt expensive, have you looked into having them redone in leather by a seat refurbishing outfit? There's a good few out there serving the classic car fraternity.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

This exclusive does not even have half! Its just cloth. So yep im on the look out for some good old cow hide as i cant do with out it, and have already sent an email to the ccc member advertising it, however wales is a long way away!
Many more details to follow 2moro, but yes its the first link.
What a bargain!(I hope)
Ill look into one of these covers, it will be alright for a couple of weeks without one.
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s