Synergie HDi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BennyB

Synergie HDi

Post by BennyB »

Hoping someone has an idea what this problem is.

The car every so often is flashing the management light on and going into limp mode. When you switch off it runs on for a few seconds. Start up and the light is still on and the car wont rev over 3000. Do this a few times and then with the light still on 2 or 3 times later it will rev right up and blow a lot of diesel smoke. Switch off this time and it shuts down fine and then on restart the light is off and the car runs fine until the next time it occurs!!

I'm also sure while cruising on the motorway on neuttral throttle i've felt it surge on/off slightly a few times!!

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Sounds like the Pressure switch IN THE BACK OF THE PUMP...

On the end of the Pump, facing the fuel filter, theres a switch with the plug FACING downwards, I had a 2.oi HDi with this problem, and it was that switch/sensor, changed it for another had the faults cleared and it was fine!

I comes out quite easy, two trox screws, and it pulls out.. Its expensive though, no doubt..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
BennyB

Post by BennyB »

It's weird because when it clears it's pulling like a train and running fine.

I had a look at the red plug on the bottom of the fuel rail and the yellow plastic insert that covers the spade conectors is missing but is there on various other plugs!!! Could this be the problem and if so how the heck do i renew it. Just cut it off and crimp a new one on?
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

NOT the one on the rail, the one on the end of the PUMP..

If its intermittent it CAN also be one of the ECU controlled Electro solinoids, one controls the EGR valve, one controls the Turbo wastegate... Not sure were they are on the Synergie, on the Xantia they are next to the drivers side suspension sphere... if the Turbo Solinoid is short circuit then the engine is getting too much boost and the ecu detects this and shuts the engine down to protect it, BUT it clears every engine restart...

Im not sure how to test them, I simply changed the one playing up on a Xantia HDi I had in a few weeks ago, and it was fine since

Paul

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
BennyB

Post by BennyB »

There's two identical looking units at the top of the engine with two smallish bore rubber hoses and a connector to each.

I have unplugged and re-plugged all the connectors. This doesn't clear straight away when you turn off and then re-start. I canb shut down, wait 30 secs and re-start and the management light is still on. This can happen a few times and then it seems to clear and be fine again!!
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Hmmm. Your only thing is to see if you can find a friendly indipendant near you or on here, who can read your ECU and see what fault code shes throwing at you.. This should then give you a better idea were to look, we can be all week guessing as theres a number of things that can cause your symptums..

Paul

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
BennyB

Post by BennyB »

Getting the thing read a week on Sat. when i'm back down where i used to live. Mate from down there is an auto electrician with all the gear and has said he'll plug in for me and give the codes FOC. Result!

Will let you know what codes i get.

Cheers
Benny.