Synergie Clutch Pedal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gammy leg
My Cars:

Synergie Clutch Pedal

Post by Gammy leg »

Chaps

The clutch pedal on my Synergie has started to play-up. When pressed, the pedal often just 'cracks' and drops to the floor with no upward pressure. I have to reach down to lift it back again at which point pressure is restored but it is 50/50 whether it does it again. I Think that there must be some kind of tensioner or adjuster adjacent to the pedal that the cable is slipping off. Any Ideas??

Thanks

Gammy

UPDATE...

I've had a chance to strip away some of the interior around the pedals and been able to get a close look at what is going on.
The clutch cable hooks over the top of the pedal and the cable then disappears into a black oblong box with a flared end at the bottom, just before the cable goes through the bulkhead. The part no. stamped on the box is 14 880 270 80 and I believe this is where the problem lies. I think that something in the box should be restricting the movement of the outer sleeve of the cable but periodically allows the sleeve to jump out and therefore the cable tension is lost.
Can anyone give me an idea what the above part is called and whether it can be bought separately from the cable.

Thanks