Hydractive electrovalves

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Duracell
My Cars:

Hydractive electrovalves

Post by Duracell »

When switching from soft to hard mode (xantia HDi exclusive) my front electrovalve clicks, followed by approx 2 seconds of hissing as if the valve is leaking. I've not noticed the hissing before and the rear valve does not do it. There appears to be no problem with the suspension switching modes or the electrovaves staying open when energised. I've been looking through some very long old threads on HA2 but can't find the same symptons in them. Is it a problem? and if so is it fixable? - I'm just about to hydraflush and replace all corner and centre spheres but wondered if I need to address the valve problem first

Thanks
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Richard,

Ahh, the old sound of a cistern flushing. This is caused by the valve not fully sealing on the seat in hard mode, allowing all pressure to flow straight up the leakage return pipe.

This Post will help. It's a bit long but it shows how to strip an electrovalve to rectify this issue.

It's a bit tricky, especially if it comes apart in two halves as mine did at the front!

Dirty LHM will cause this so a good hydraflush session followed by new LHM is highly recommended if the present LHM looks a bit murky.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Duracell
My Cars:

Post by Duracell »

Thanks Jim - I went back too far and missed that thread