Citroen C6 ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

I saw one on the M5 at the weekend , hard on the tail of a BMW !! LOL !!
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Well, it wasn't me !!!! not this week anyway :lol: :lol: :wink:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

There's a diesel one lives near my present worksite (it's that part of town); a sort of metallic fawn colour. Neither of the drivers mucks about; I like to see it being punted solidly.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Ive seen a fair few recently, atleast 6 within the last month. mainly on the motorway, i even saw a 59reg one in my town a couple of weeks ago.

Are they becomming more popular? :?

Chris.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Well there are probably some killer deals to tempt the corporate buyers at the moment ?
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
& a couple of Peugeots !
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Yes i bet thats a big influence at the moment.

I passed a very nice one on the motorway today, 07reg in black, gleeming it was too. Had fitted mudflaps on, ive not seen a C6 with those before 8)
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

There is one that often parks in Cockermouth and i often go and look at it at night. Dreaming of a day in the future when it might be mine. Or one like it in blue.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
frenchcarnut

Post by frenchcarnut »

Citroenmad wrote:Are they becomming more popular? :?
Let's hope not. Never want the C6 to become part of the Audi/BMW "must have one innit, at all costs innit, because my life depends on one innit" brigade. I like the fact that 16 to 45 year old IT and wannabe 'professionals' think that loons and hat wearing grandads only drive certain Citroëns
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
Paul-R
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

frenchcarnut wrote:I like the fact that 16 to 45 year old IT and wannabe 'professionals'
Hey, I may not be in the age bracket but I'm certainly an IT professional.

And for the record I've never wanted a BMW. As someone once said - they're like @rseholes, everyone's got one!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Same club..

all the higher levels here have company hAudi's that i dont really like. Think i would take cash option and get a nice C6 for the monthly outlay as it would be amazing compared to the others. wonder if they could retro fit ARC to one for me too....
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'm in that club as well.

My Xantia spends it's days at work rubbing shoulders with Mercs, Beemers, Audis and all the other bling motors the stereotypical IT Pro drives.

Mine is often the oldest by a very considerable margin but you know what? it does not look at all out of place amongst the fashion/status statements it is parked with :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

The C6 is the first new car in 10 years to have persuaded me to visit a stealer showroom to have a look , sit & twiddle :D
No way of course would I have considered spending north of £30k on one due to the depreciation that regrettably accompanies all new cars but particularly fringe brands like Citroen.

But I was and remain very impressed by the C6. It has genuinely unique , very desirable styling , great toys and restrained but emphatic presence. My only concern in owning one would be the daunting level of potential faults and servicing requirements.

Oh , one other thing , the brochure I picked up at the time is one of the worst I have ever seen and criminal for a prestige car !!
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
& a couple of Peugeots !
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

CitroJim wrote:I'm in that club as well.

My Xantia spends it's days at work rubbing shoulders with Mercs, Beemers, Audis and all the other bling motors the stereotypical IT Pro drives.

Mine is often the oldest by a very considerable margin but you know what? it does not look at all out of place amongst the fashion/status statements it is parked with :D
I dont think Xantias have aged at all badly, they still look very nice and a good shape. Which is far more can be said for some of these modern Audis (chav running lights! What next!), BMWs (hideously ugly things now, look like the have casters for wheels), and Mercs (which tend to fall to bits and fizz in the rain, unless they have that sorted out now!)

I dont think Xms quite fit in with the modern crowd, they are very different looking form anything else and that makes them stand out. However oddly enough the Xm hatchback is one of my all time favourite looking cars :oops: . It doesnt look like anything else but in my opinion is still isnt looking dated, its just itself.

However this morning i was not impressed: I took the white xm through to the hand car wash this morning. I know i shouldnt but it was dirty and i wanted it covered up for tomorrow when its supposed to rain, they actually did a very good job. However i didnt like their comments! One said "i wouldnt have one of these they are Sh!t" The other said i quite like it, looks like a spaceship. Although he also said he thought he had seen one on Heartbeat :x

Pah! What do they know, i bet they have never even seen another one, let alone been in one or driven on. Mind there is one good thing, it certainly teaches me not to use hand car washes and to do it myself - I usually always do :)

I do find that the Xm does draw attention, usually good though! Especially the white one, which seems to stand out more than the others we have had.

Chris.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

I have to say I agree with a lot of the comments you have raised, I also believe there is the "WOW" factor, I was in a shop the other day and came out to see a chap walking round the car and looking at from every possible angle, "Aye, Aye, me thinks" :o

I asked if there was something I could help him with, and he said that he'd never seen one of these before, I explained all about it and off he wandered quite happily, but then I noticed he got into a metallic turquoise Volvo 850 Estate :roll: :lol:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Citroenmad wrote: I dont think Xms quite fit in with the modern crowd, they are very different looking form anything else and that makes them stand out. However oddly enough the Xm hatchback is one of my all time favourite looking cars :oops: . It doesnt look like anything else but in my opinion is still isnt looking dated, its just itself.
You took the words right out of my mouth Chris :lol:
You could never confuse an XM with any other car. Well...unless you're looking directly at the front where it does look fairly similar to the S1 Xantias...
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair