Wrong Spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Duracell
My Cars:

Wrong Spheres

Post by Duracell »

I recently ordered some spheres for my hydractive Hdi Xantia from a well known supplier - They were given the year, model, RP No, Vin No and the fact is was hydractive, yet when I got them, they had supplied non hydoactive 1.9td spheres for the corners. I took them back and the salesman checked the part numbers - I found that he hadn't made a mistake - his system was telling him that these spheres were correct for the car and he was unable to identify the correct spheres

I new they were wrong as I took the trouble to check the specs against the manufacturers part numbers but I suspect thats not common. It makes me wonder how many hydractive Xantias are driving around with the wrong spheres and strange ride/handling characteristics
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Richard,

To so many people who are not intimately au-fait they're all green balls so they must all be the same :roll:

I must confess I run my hydractive V6 on 1.9TD non-hydractive corner spheres from choice and the ride is lovely. A bit roly-poly in hard corners but generally, it softens the ride up a bit and makes it more of a magic carpet. I actually prefer it but if you do enjoy going fast around corners than I'll be the first to recommend that the right spheres are best.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...