Best place/price for Xantia (N Reg 1.9TD) Windscreen?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Andywolf1980
My Cars:

Best place/price for Xantia (N Reg 1.9TD) Windscreen?

Post by Andywolf1980 »

I have a crack in my windscreen and unfortunately the insurance i took does not cover glass :oops:

My MOT is coming up soon and i was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good place for a new windscreen? and any ideas how much it might cost?

Thanks in advance
Andy
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum :D

One of the smaller Indie windscreen places may give a better deal than the big names, you know the ones, locally based and working out if a van. We have one locally here called Windscreens On Wheels and last time he did a screen for me, it was less than £100.

One VERY IMPORTANT things is to make sure the fitter adequately and properly bonds the windscreen scuttle panel to the new screen (that's the black plastic piece running along the bottom) If not properly seald, you'll surely end up with a lot of water running into the cabin and collecting under the passenger footwell. This is insidious as you'll not feel wet carpets until long after the backing foam has soaked up several gallons of water.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Andywolf1980
My Cars:

Post by Andywolf1980 »

Hi Jim

Thanks for the quick reply

I know exactly what you mean about the scuttle panel as soon after i bought the Xantia a couple of years back, i had leaks on the passenger footwell. I managed to seal the scuttle with silicone and its been fine ever since.

That would be great if i can get a windscreen for that kind of price, i was expecting much more.

Thanks again, i wish i'd found this site sooner!
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

I got a couple of Xantia Breakers here, you'd be welcome to take a screen out of you were carefull enough to do it, they both have good screens in, but Ive NOT got sufficient tools to cut the bond and do it myself... :-(

Prehaps I should really, on that note, especially with it being 2 screens...

We found a couple of years ago, our local Autoglass van, swapped a screen in a Xantia (My black 1994 TD actually when the previous owner had it) as a back hander for 60 quid. We supplied the screen to go in that we got from a breakers..

paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto