ZX volcane td no indicators

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave1

ZX volcane td no indicators

Post by Dave1 »

Have searched a few times on the site but nothing found to assist.

My ZX has not been run for a while, all working OK until I tried the indicators, they will not turn on at all. The hazards work and fuses appear fine. I "believe" the same relay serves all.

I just wondered if anyone has an ideas / tips. I suppose the switch in the column could be the cause, it worked fine before the rest period, just passed MOT in fact.

Any help appreciated.

Just to add the radio is not currenlty fitted, I doubt there is any connection to the indicator issue unless you know better!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

first thing to check is the hazard switch, if it is not disengadeging fully from hazard postion the indicators will not be reconected,

try flicking the hazard switch on and off a few times quite sharply,

if that dont work try some switch cleaner in the hazard switch

regards malcolm
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Thanks for you reply Malcolm, I will try that this afternoon. In the last 10 mins I have just changed the relay for a known working one, made no difference so it will move onto your suggestion after dinner. I will report back with any result.

Thanks again

Dave.
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

\:D/

Malcolm, you are a real star, did exactly what you suggested, all working now. Added some switch cleaner to be on the safe side.

I am not sure how long it would have taken to discover this, if at all, and stripping the steering column was on the cards.

Thank you so much for your reply =D>

Dave
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

good to hear,

that is the first port of call with the fault you had, because if the hazards are working it can be the flasher can/relay, as all your indicators were working, but not inipendant each side,

common fault as the hazard switch dose not get used very offten so when it goes for the MOT,

all the electrical grease inside the switch has gone hard and the internals dont return fully back to there original position

regards malcolm