Thankyous and oil prob

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

asav
My Cars:

Thankyous and oil prob

Post by asav »

Firstly I am very rarely on the forum only when I have a problem...So I would like to thank everyone here I have always found the solution to the problem via another member.

Ok new prob...recently changed sparks and ign coil, found the 3 of the 4 sparks had oil on them and looked like they were sitting in a bit of oil? i thought this was due to my haphazard oil fill last time (spillage)...however my oil gauge showed in the red (top red indicator so not empty) i'd done an oil change about 2 months ago and i probaby put more than recommended in...theres no oil showing under the car..just topped up and will see what happens, however anyone any ideas?

many ta's
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No worries Asav, it's what the forum is here for :wink:

Oil in the plug wells (I presume this is where it is, around the plug body) is pretty normal and as you deduce, it is from topping up over time where small quantities of oil escape down and accumulate in the wells. The V6 is very prone to this on it's front bank.

Keep and eye on it and I'm sure you'll find this is the cause.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
asav
My Cars:

Post by asav »

cheers Jim...what about the loss of 2/3 of me oil over 2 months..with no visable signs of leakage?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

what engine is this as if the plug ports are through the cam cover it could be leaky cover seals causeing the oil in the plug tubes,

also if your coil pack is the one piece unit which plugs straight onto the tops of the plugs, the oilyo in plug tubes will be the cause of the coil pack failing, as the spark is tracking to earth

regards malcolm
asav
My Cars:

Post by asav »

citronut wrote:what engine is this as if the plug ports are through the cam cover it could be leaky cover seals causeing the oil in the plug tubes,

also if your coil pack is the one piece unit which plugs straight onto the tops of the plugs, the oilyo in plug tubes will be the cause of the coil pack failing, as the spark is tracking to earth

regards malcolm
ta Malcolm..its the 2ltr petrol and the coil pack is 1 piece..as its now got a new 1 maybe that'll be prob solved?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

its not the coil pack which stop's the oil leaking, its the oil getting in the plug tubes from were ever kills the coil pack,

regards malcolm
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Stick a pair of NEW Rocker Cover gaskets on to reduce leakage...

Peugeot XU engines seem reknown for rocker box oil leaks, the XUD is neutorious for this, and these twin cam engines...

(Are these Twin cams an XU family?)

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto