diesel c5 vtr blower

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davec5vtr

diesel c5 vtr blower

Post by davec5vtr »

Hi, i have an 04 diesel c5 vtr, the blower has just gone wonky and now only works on max speed, if i turn it down below max it just turns off,

Any ideas?

Regards Dave.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

have a read through this thread and see if it answers your question.
On a vtr I am assuming climate control but who knows?
davec5vtr

Post by davec5vtr »

hi, thanks for that, it does give me an idea of what the problem is, (resistor pack) but not where it is,

Its a 2ltr hdi - vtr if that helps,

Regards Dave
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Paul-R wrote:Surely this is down to the different types of A/C fitted?

There's the fully automatic type (as in my C5) where the module is a circuit board with a power MOSFET on a large heatsink. This lives in the driver's footwell on the left hand side. It sounds like this is the £45 one.

Then there seems the second type which I'll have to summarise from various posts made. This type is fitted to the manual A/C. This lives in the passenger footwell on the RH side. It appears to be a collection of resistors on a board (presumably with a heatsink also) to control the fan motor speed and I suspect that this is the pack that costs £140.

Does this sound feasible?
This kind of contradicts my experience of where the module it - mine is on the right hand (drivers) side footwell, as per the photo's in the other thread.
I have not seen the standard aircon (not climate control) except in a 306 and Xantias here on the forum, where it lives in the nearside footwell.

If you can locate it then the resistor pack is a fairly simple diy repair. £140 is outrageous.
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

its at the back of the heater box in the drivers side footwell ,and costs about £45 or did 2 years since when mine went.Mines a c5 2lt hdi sx estate.