zx deisel acceleration surge

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ronjo
My Cars:

zx deisel acceleration surge

Post by Ronjo »

Hi new to this forum hope someone can help.

zx 1.9 deisel non turbo. Since adding deisel fuel cleaner it has been erratic with short surges of acceleration when accelerating from standstill and one day of turbo like acceleration.

thanks ron
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Ron and welcome to the forum :D

Firstly, I'd replace your fuel filter as the cleaner may have disturbed crud in the tank and now it is partially plugging the filter.

What pump is your engine fitted with as that can have a significant bearing on the symptoms you have. If you cannot fully tell if it is a Bosch or Lucas, pop a picture of it up we can then positively identify it.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Ronjo
My Cars:

racing zx

Post by Ronjo »

CitroJim wrote:Hi Ron and welcome to the forum :D

Firstly, I'd replace your fuel filter as the cleaner may have disturbed crud in the tank and now it is partially plugging the filter.

What pump is your engine fitted with as that can have a significant bearing on the symptoms you have. If you cannot fully tell if it is a Bosch or Lucas, pop a picture of it up we can then positively identify it.
Hi Jim, Thanks for suggestion, I changed filter about 3 months ago had a problem on starting, seals not made but cured it, pump is a lucas, iunderstand there is not much you can do with them, but all info will be welcome, and i will change filter again. Thanks Ron.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Hi Ron

If the filter is OK sounds as though you have an air leak, your course of action depends, as Jim says on which pump you have, if its a bosch, for some inexplicable reason the leak offs are connected to the fuel so any leak there will allow air into the pump, check and see if there ar any fuel leaks, otherwise it could be any where, fitting a section of clear plastic tube near to the pump intake will help.

Peter
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Sorry, I've just read your post properly. :?
Ronjo
My Cars:

Post by Ronjo »

Peter.N. wrote:Sorry, I've just read your post properly. :?
:) Thanks Peter, plastic tube is a good tip , all info gratefully recieved. Ron