fuel filter replacement.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

fuel filter replacement.

Post by civvie »

I have a C5 hdi 2.2 year 2002 and today decided to give it some new oil and filters.
Drained the oil from the sump and while that was going on took the top cover off the engine to see about the fuel filter. After a double take and a bit of poking around I have decided to ask for some help, how do you take the fuel hoses off the top of the filter case without breaking them? I have also read elsewhere that it may be better to purchase a new filter and case in one unit, this it seems would save getting any dirt into the system, any ideas on that? My filter case is the screw top variety.
Also where is the coolant sensor in the engine bay, would like to give the contacts a clean as sometimes the temp gauge works and sometimes not.
Thanks,
Civvie
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Hi Civvie,

I can't say for certain about the 2.2 HDi but on mine (2.0HDi) the fuel filter hoses are released by pressing in the 'tab' and pulling the hose straight off the fitting. Unless you are extremely careful and clean there is a chance of contaminating the fuel system so it maybe better to buy and fit the whole housing. The temperature sensor on my C5 is below the induction pipe next to the ECU/fusebox.

Steve.
not applicable
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Post by civvie »

Steelcityuk,

Thanks for the reply, was starting to think everyone was on holiday. Think i'll leave the fuel filter for now, seems it can open a can of worms.
once again thanks.

Civvie