Hydraflush in since 19th of August 09 strange noises.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Hydraflush in since 19th of August 09 strange noises.

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hi, Ive had my Xantia estate fitted with all new spheres and filled with Hydraflush, for the first time since I have owned it she now appears to have the right spheres on her.

the ride is a hundred times better than it has ever been, I was advised that it may have had hatchback spheres on it which run at different pressures to those of the estate.

the car is doing daft things and you feel very silly when you leave a dual carriage way at 70mph drive up the sliproad and stop at the lights only for the front end to sink completely to the ground and raise again whilst people either side of you stare at you and you know what they are thinking (ere look at that idiot).
I read the sticky on Hydraflush but no mention of even the brake pedal vibrating on there.

the front accumulator is buzzing about every five seconds continuesly and never did this on LHM.

The steering is also make weird noises like a brrrrrr sound when going from lock to lock it seems like there is vibration comming from the wheels .

I was warned about the break pedal vibrating but this seems to have settled down a bit, braking seems harder to do than normal, I put new front pads in yesterday and braking still seems to be a bit harder than normal I need to put more pressure on the pedal. I gave everything on the front end a good check over but nothing is loose on the steering.

any Ideas anyone please is there anything I can do to ease the daft things that seem to be occuring with my estate please?

The Hydraflush was put in by Pleiadies.
Thanks in advance.

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Nigel,

If your regulator is ticking like a ten-bob watch (i.e. very frequently) then you have a massive internal hydraulic leak from somewhere. The fact that the front sinks down so rapidly undr braking almost suggests a strut has become very leaky or, if it happens under braking, a problem with the brake dosuer.

Else, maybe the accumulator sphere has failed totally. That would account for both sets of symptoms.

If the accumulator is proved OK, the only way to tell if the problem is due to excess internal leakage is to check all the strut and dosuer leakage returns and see if any are leaking back to the reservoir excessively.

Is your car a non-Hydractive model?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Jim,

yes she is non-hydractive. the car drops almost imeadiately after getting out as if the anti sink system wont hold her up, please bear in mind I had none of these symptoms on LHM.

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I first refer to words resonant in the august tome of Douglas Adams...

Beyond that, find a friend with half a clue mechanically, and have them perform operations under your instruction. While they do this, you will be looking into the LHM tank through the rubber fill cap hole. In all cases, you are looking for nocticeable turbulence in the LHM tank from excess fluid returning.

1. Start the car from cold; no foot on brake but handbrake on.
2. Once car has risen, press brake pedal hard and hold it there
3. With foot off brake, jiggle steering only a few degrees either way
4. Set suspension to fully low and let settle before checking
5. Set suspension to fully high and let settle before checking - also visually test fluid level in reservoir
6. Return suspension to normal and allow to settle

If it's all OK, then persevere with the Hydraurinçage until the prescribed interval is up. When Martin has refilled the system with LHM and bled it, see how it performs.
falling-out-with-my-car

addo,

will do this today, and post results on here later.

many thanks Nigel.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Time for an update?
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Two things spring to mind, air in the system or the pressure relief valve on the block not retightened enough. I speak from hamfisted first hand experience.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
falling-out-with-my-car

it was the front accumulator bypass valve which had misteriously come loose.

tighened it up and everything is fine.

still can't get used to the vibrating brake pedal though, it keeps making me jump with my foot on the brake pedal whilst turnning off the engine.

(esspecially in the dark). :shock: :lol:

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.
regards Nigel.