spark plugs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citrov6
My Cars:

spark plugs

Post by citrov6 »

i think i got 2 lots from the dealership in the last 7 years, but 3 lots from halfords, think they were champion. about to do the plugs again its been 15000 miles and i'm doing everything else for completeness

looked at this place www.sparkplugs.co.uk

ngk have a few, denso

speaking about the v6 its not very powerful per cylinder like the turbo cars , so should these fine tipped iridium ones be ok.

i've heard horror stories about the tips melting off and dropping inside on turbo cars but thats just due to the power output i think.

i would get traditional copper ones but the fact that the inlet mani needs to be removed to get to half the plugs puts me of them. would like to go another 15k miles without changing ideally. i'm not sure what plugs are in the black one i think they are standard, i just remember them being really expensive from the dealership, think i was told 130quid once, but i hope i'm wrong, probably was 80 quid and my head is just buzzing with a hydraulic pipe quote.
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I've used a variety of plugs in mine, I think it's got NGK iridium ones in there at the moment. I use to use Bosch FR6DP's as they were the cheapest platinum tipped plugs, but they seem hard to come by now.

Your best bet would probably be the multi electrode type like Bosch super 4's, or if you are feeling rich the Silver type. I think I might try the Super 4's next.

Originals are Eyquem which I think have two ground electrodes.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

bosch super 4 sounds more like it, i've heard they are more reliable, keep their gapping better. not found a part number for them yet online
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Stempy wrote: Originals are Eyquem which I think have two ground electrodes.
Yes, they're the ones. GSF sell them at a very reasonable price under the following part number:

BBZ14 SPARKPLUG-EYQUEM

I am using them in my V6 at present. They seem fine to me.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

oh ok, that is probably what is in there and has lasted so long, will get a set of those then. thanks