Fast Regulator Tick in Soft Mode (Now Solved!)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Nice one Jim.
I can see you and Martin setting up in business together - or a collabaration at least.
Anything you two can't fix is just not fixable.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Well done Jim

Stretching the smaller springs appears to have done the job \:D/
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Kev, I meant to say, if you want a pukka green O ring for your valve, PM me your address and I'll drop a good S/H one in the post for you.

Well, she's still good after a lengthy test drive and tomorrow she'll be going to Somerset and back...

It's good to have soft mode back and the non-hydractive corners on it make for a sublime ride :D

One thing I've noticed now is that pressure comes up quickly and it holds for quite some time now after a stop. I see the STOP light go out immediately on a start :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

Very interesting thread Jim, glad you got to the bottom of it all.
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

CitroJim wrote: It's good to have soft mode back and the non-hydractive corners on it make for a sublime ride :D
Jim can you explain a bit more in the difference in ride quality between the hydractive and non hydractive corner spheres on your car.

I think i need to replace the corner spheres(front and back) on my VSX and was intrigued by your comments on its sublime ride with non hydractive spheres fitted :? :?

Have a good trip tomorrow,hope things are working out ok :wink:

Colin
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

admiral51 wrote:
CitroJim wrote: It's good to have soft mode back and the non-hydractive corners on it make for a sublime ride :D
Jim can you explain a bit more in the difference in ride quality between the hydractive and non hydractive corner spheres on your car.

I think I need to replace the corner spheres(front and back) on my VSX and was intrigued by your comments on its sublime ride with non hydractive spheres fitted :? :?

Have a good trip tomorrow, hope things are working out ok :wink:

Colin
I use quite a combination of sphere's on my Xantia's (all Hydractive) from standard set-up on my V6 to non Hydractive corner sphere's on my VSX to a right old mix and match on my estate.

My advice is if you want a softer ride on a Hydractive Xantia and generally drive the car gently with just one or two passengers then use non Hydractive corner sphere's and on the odd occasion where a heavier load is carried then turn the sports mode switch on to avoid excesive rebound/underdamping. If however you generally carry a heavy load or drive over undulations such as found on fenland roads then stick with the standard Hydractive set-up.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Hi Colin, im running the same non Hydractive on the front corners of mine....the ride is much better :wink:

Jim, How long did it take to fix your valves? I need to do mine the ride quality is all over the place on the back :P
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Jim you have left a swab in that patcient,

excelent work its amazing what can be acheaved with lots of time and PERCY WHAT SIT

regards malcolm