HELP.... AX Driveshaft

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fusionax

HELP.... AX Driveshaft

Post by fusionax »

Hi
My D/S driveshaft has gone and needs replacing... on the site theres about 5 different ones to buy, which one do I get, whats the differances between them?
I got J-REG AX GT500
but which one do I need?
Please help...[xx(]
Jon

Post by Jon »

Sorry, what side?
Anyway, I'd say you need our refs N43804 for the LH or N43806 for the RH as the shafts for all MK1 AX's are the same apart of course from the side.
To double check you could advise the RP number of your AX, if the RP is before 5278 then the shafts I list above are correct. Its only after this RP number that things get a bit more complicated.
fusionax

Post by fusionax »

whats the RP number?
Its the drivers side thats gone...
so what model should I order then?
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

Sorry, what side?
Anyway, I'd say you need our refs N43804 for the LH or N43806 for the RH as the shafts for all MK1 AX's are the same apart of course from the side.
To double check you could advise the RP number of your AX, if the RP is before 5278 then the shafts I list above are correct. Its only after this RP number that things get a bit more complicated.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Bit slow on this one but, nah ah, the AX Drive shafts on the AX GT & GTI are different to the ones on standard AX's
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

The RP number is a four digit number that is used to precisely identify the actual build date of the vehicle, don't know where it is on the AX but it should be in an obviouse place, look for any plates or stickers in the engine bay and door pillars.
Go to the download section on the GSF home page, there is an RP guide in there.
Dave