Rear suspension is squeaky

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Martin Beevers
My Cars:

Post by Martin Beevers »

Thanks guys, very informative. :D

I feel very confident now. Think I will buy the kit and replace all the parts.

I will let you know how I get on.
95 Xantia 1.9TD SX - Now sold
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if there is negative camber the bearings will have calapsed, the reason you cant always find any play in this situiation is the rollers from the broken up bearing are jamming the arm

Richard wrote
"on every occaision I've changed the bearings the plastic sleeve gets mashed up as it obstructs access to the lip of the bearing making it all but impossible to apply the force necessary to push the bearing out."

i find the easyest way to remove both outter bearing race's, is run 2 short beads of weld at opposite sides of the working face of each outter bearing race, this give ample to drift against also the heat quite often causes the race's to nearly drop out,

this also causes minimal damage to the plastic linner/sleeve, and invariably i leave the old one in place

regards malcolm
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

citronut wrote:i find the easyest way to remove both outter bearing race's, is run 2 short beads of weld at opposite sides of the working face of each outter bearing race, this give ample to drift against also the heat quite often causes the race's to nearly drop out,

this also causes minimal damage to the plastic linner/sleeve, and invariably i leave the old one in place
A good method Malcolm, if you have welding equipment :wink:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
ellevie
My Cars:

Post by ellevie »

Don't forget that you will probably need to do both sides so you will need two kits at more than £80 hence the saving of £40 to £50 if you can get away with just bearings and seals.
David

BX19TRS 120K E Reg 1992-2013
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ellevie wrote
"Don't forget that you will probably need to do both sides so you will need two kits at more than £80 hence the saving of £40 to £50 if you can get away with just bearings and seals."

thats fine if the car can be in bits for a couple of days or more,
so you can strip it down to decide what you can get away with,

also all the BX, CX and XANT rear arms i have taken appart have always has a shim, all be it just the rusted away remains,

i buy a packet of assorted shims from citroen,
cant remember the price as i aint bought any for a while now

regards malcolm